Sign in with
Your question
Solved

USB error persist through Format

Last response: in Motherboards
June 13, 2011 10:34:20 AM

Hello,
I installed LabVIEW and ever since i have gotten a USB error. "USB Device Not Recognized." I constantly get the noise when windows finds a new plug and play device, and then the noise when its unplugged. but it always says unknown device in device manager.

Unknown Device is not working properly Detected
Windows has detected a problem with Unknown Device.
Device information
Name: Unknown Device
ID: USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&2EAB04AB&0&2
Error code: 43
thats from Microsoft fix all program. (didn't fix it)

Things i have tried:
Formatting
Re installing all my drivers
unplugging everything in the USB drives - error was still there while everything was unplugged.
turning off pc, then unplugging it for a bit then turn it all back on.
uninstalling the driver
tried ignoring it, but it doesn't have the advanced tab in its properties where ignore usb error is.

Im on 64 bit windows 7 professional.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, not sure what else i can do.

Fixed:

Just thought i would throw on here what it turned out to be in case anyone has a similar problem.
My case was grounding the USB header. New case, no problem.

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2011 1:35:33 PM

software installation is unrelated - coincidence.

internally disconnect all usb header items (front pannel usb + card readers)

if that doesnt work your motherboard is faulty

you may be able to disable a usb hub/controller from device manager (device manager -> view devices by connection, then disable the actually hub/device above the failing device), if its a USB controller via an extra chip just disable the chip (device manager/bios)

this wouldnt be an MSI motherboard by any chance...?
June 13, 2011 8:31:23 PM

apache_lives said:
software installation is unrelated - coincidence.

internally disconnect all usb header items (front pannel usb + card readers)

if that doesnt work your motherboard is faulty

you may be able to disable a usb hub/controller from device manager (device manager -> view devices by connection, then disable the actually hub/device above the failing device), if its a USB controller via an extra chip just disable the chip (device manager/bios)

this wouldnt be an MSI motherboard by any chance...?

Thank you for the reply.
I dont see how it could be the Motherboard though. It has worked perfectly for over 6 months and only had an issue when i went to install LabVIEW.
I will try disconnecting all headers too and see if that helps.

And nope, its an asus formula III.

Thank you for the info on disabling it. I was able to disable the hub its connected to. Would love to fix it, but at least the annoying popup and sounds should stop now :) 

-terry
m
l
Related resources
June 23, 2011 5:46:57 AM

Best answer selected by tdunlap0001.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 24, 2011 8:00:12 AM

faults have to happen some time unfortunately, the things you did at the time were irrelevant

asus boards come with a ~2+ year warranty - perhaps contact them after confirming its the motherboard for repair (will have to be sent away)
m
l
!