Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Blu Ray not working off raid card....

Last response: in Storage
November 4, 2012 8:25:53 PM

Thank you for looking at my problem I put in a a sata card for my friend, and a blu-ray burner. But for some reason the computer seems to see it as a cd drive. I open computer and it says BD drive, and I can click eject. It will open but will not see any dvd I put in. The sata card is Silicon Image Sil3512 2-Port Serial ATA PCI Controller Card, and the blu-ray is LG WH14NS40K. Is this card only for hard drives? Thanks for any help!
a b G Storage
November 4, 2012 9:01:48 PM

is it detected by actual programs? can you burn with a burning program like imgburn? sometimes OS default thinking you MUST be trying to play an audio cd, dumb i know.
m
l
November 4, 2012 9:03:19 PM

No, it will not burn, read or anything.....
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
November 4, 2012 9:13:25 PM

i have a very similar drive and when i click "computer" it lists BD-ROM then CD DRIVE . Is that the same as you?

But I use it all time with IMGBURN and other programs. What programs have you tried using? Or are you just trying to use inside explorer?
m
l
November 4, 2012 9:23:09 PM

abbadon_34 said:
i have a very similar drive and when i click "computer" it lists BD-ROM then CD DRIVE . Is that the same as you?

Yes!!:) 

But I use it all time with IMGBURN and other programs. What programs have you tried using? Or are you just trying to use inside explorer?

I didnt even bother trying to open IMGBURN, because I put in a dvd it will not even start to spin?
m
l
a b G Storage
November 4, 2012 9:38:12 PM

well try and see what happens (:
m
l
November 4, 2012 10:53:40 PM

IMGBURN see the burner, and when I put in a dvd it says the device isn't ready or medium not present, door closed.
m
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
November 5, 2012 12:09:44 AM

http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?pid=2...

Say it supports optical drives, have you checked on drivers and bios? Tried different settings in the card's bios?

Double check the obvious little things, like a different disc, a full reset, etc.

If possible try the burner and/or card on another machine, it may just be DOA and those cards usually made pretty cheaply.
November 11, 2012 11:06:58 PM

Best answer selected by stephenstud.
m
l
!