Huge Billing Error!

Hi:

I found another HUGE billing problem - potentially nationwide. In
reviewing
my calls from yesterday, 4/6 (actually, I was trying to see how long my
son
had been talking to someone last night) I found this entry:

04/06 6:59 PM INCOMING 111-111-1111 DT 4
04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 2
04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 1

First, I have 4 cingular cellular lines with nighttime minutes beginning
at
7pm. I changed the actual phone numbers in the text above for obvious
reasons.

Notice that I received 2 calls at 6:25pm rated DayTime minutes which is
correct. They were also signaled as Mobile to Mobile which is also
correct.

Now...check the 6:59PM entry. I receive a call from 111-111-1111, it is
correctly set to DayTime minutes BUT there is no indication of it being
Mobile to Mobile. This seems to indicate that I was charged for daytime
minutes while talking to another mobile phone - specifically, another one
of
my cell phones.

I called cingular and lo and behold...I am correct. I am being charged
for
the 4 minutes. This does not affect just me. This affects everyone with
Cingular. We were disconnected before I could find out if they are
issuing
credit. But, now I have to check ALL my calls since 1/1/2005.

Am I missing something here or have I discovered a major problem?

Bob L.

It has removed 2228 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

In article <tae5e.14833$6a5.861@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
"Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I found another HUGE billing problem - potentially nationwide. In
> reviewing
> my calls from yesterday, 4/6 (actually, I was trying to see how long my
> son
> had been talking to someone last night) I found this entry:
>
> 04/06 6:59 PM INCOMING 111-111-1111 DT 4
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 2
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 1
>
> First, I have 4 cingular cellular lines with nighttime minutes beginning
> at
> 7pm. I changed the actual phone numbers in the text above for obvious
> reasons.
>
> Notice that I received 2 calls at 6:25pm rated DayTime minutes which is
> correct. They were also signaled as Mobile to Mobile which is also
> correct.
>
> Now...check the 6:59PM entry. I receive a call from 111-111-1111, it is
> correctly set to DayTime minutes BUT there is no indication of it being
> Mobile to Mobile. This seems to indicate that I was charged for daytime
> minutes while talking to another mobile phone - specifically, another one
> of
> my cell phones.
>
> I called cingular and lo and behold...I am correct. I am being charged
> for
> the 4 minutes. This does not affect just me. This affects everyone with
> Cingular. We were disconnected before I could find out if they are
> issuing
> credit. But, now I have to check ALL my calls since 1/1/2005.
>
> Am I missing something here or have I discovered a major problem?
>
> Bob L.

Just your typical WHOOPs charge, which === IF === you complain is
refunded.

Little incentive to correct such errors, they are very profitable.

I find that when checking the online account management, the items are not
finalized until the bill is generated. I guess that while the system might
record a call, the billing rate is not necessarily updated right away.
Verify your final bill when you receive it.

"Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I found another HUGE billing problem - potentially nationwide. In
> reviewing
> my calls from yesterday, 4/6 (actually, I was trying to see how long my
> son
> had been talking to someone last night) I found this entry:
>
> 04/06 6:59 PM INCOMING 111-111-1111 DT 4
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 2
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 1
>
> First, I have 4 cingular cellular lines with nighttime minutes beginning
> at
> 7pm. I changed the actual phone numbers in the text above for obvious
> reasons.
>
> Notice that I received 2 calls at 6:25pm rated DayTime minutes which is
> correct. They were also signaled as Mobile to Mobile which is also
> correct.
>
> Now...check the 6:59PM entry. I receive a call from 111-111-1111, it is
> correctly set to DayTime minutes BUT there is no indication of it being
> Mobile to Mobile. This seems to indicate that I was charged for daytime
> minutes while talking to another mobile phone - specifically, another one
> of
> my cell phones.
>
> I called cingular and lo and behold...I am correct. I am being charged
> for
> the 4 minutes. This does not affect just me. This affects everyone with
> Cingular. We were disconnected before I could find out if they are
> issuing
> credit. But, now I have to check ALL my calls since 1/1/2005.
>
> Am I missing something here or have I discovered a major problem?
>
> Bob L.

> It has removed 2228 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Hi:

I find that had to believe. My educated guess is that there is a software
bug that caused the mobile-to-mobile flag to be removed when the clock
struck 7pm mid call. DayTime call status is correct even after 7pm
because
the call was placed at 6:59. BUT, the flag for mobil-to-mobile should
have
remained as in the 6:25 calls.

Bob

"Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote in message
> I find that when checking the online account management, the items are
not
> finalized until the bill is generated. I guess that while the system
might
> record a call, the billing rate is not necessarily updated right away.
> Verify your final bill when you receive it.
>
> "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > I found another HUGE billing problem - potentially nationwide. In
> > reviewing
> > my calls from yesterday, 4/6 (actually, I was trying to see how long
my
> > son
> > had been talking to someone last night) I found this entry:
> >
> > 04/06 6:59 PM INCOMING 111-111-1111 DT 4
> > 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 2
> > 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG
1

> > First, I have 4 cingular cellular lines with nighttime minutes
beginning
> > at
> > 7pm. I changed the actual phone numbers in the text above for obvious
> > reasons.
> >
> > Notice that I received 2 calls at 6:25pm rated DayTime minutes which
is
> > correct. They were also signaled as Mobile to Mobile which is also
> > correct.
> >
> > Now...check the 6:59PM entry. I receive a call from 111-111-1111, it
is
> > correctly set to DayTime minutes BUT there is no indication of it
being
> > Mobile to Mobile. This seems to indicate that I was charged for
daytime
> > minutes while talking to another mobile phone - specifically, another
one
> > of
> > my cell phones.
> >
> > I called cingular and lo and behold...I am correct. I am being
charged
> > for
> > the 4 minutes. This does not affect just me. This affects everyone
with
> > Cingular. We were disconnected before I could find out if they are
> > issuing
> > credit. But, now I have to check ALL my calls since 1/1/2005.
> >
> > Am I missing something here or have I discovered a major problem?
> >
> > Bob L.
> >

> > --
> > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
> > It has removed 2228 spam emails to date.
> > Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
> > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

It has removed 2247 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

> Just your typical WHOOPs charge, which === IF === you complain is
> refunded.
>
> Little incentive to correct such errors, they are very profitable.

I have to admit I liked my WHOOPs charge -- I receive a two discounts
each month -- one foundation discount (set amount) and another
foundation account (percentage). For my prorated month of 2 days, I
received the full set amount discount, thereby earning a credit. I
called them to explain and they happily told me the credit is mine to
keep. The next month, I had a nice smaller bill than I should have.

TH

Hi:

Just started reviewing other dates and times and have found a massive
number
of billing errors. Just massive.

All related to mobile to mobile calling during day time which in our case
is
free. Cingular has been deducting daytime minutes. I'm not sure of the
amount of minutes I have lost but it is considerable with just a quick
glance. I quickly added over 50 minutes in error just looking down 2
pages
of phone calls for 1 of our 4 lines.

Cingular has opened a "trouble ticket" and is investigating my account
going
back to 12/24 when we signed up. I suggest you review your bills for
mobile
to mobile calling. I wonder how many other cingular customers I have
called
and was charged daytime minutes as well.

Interesting.

Bob

"Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I found another HUGE billing problem - potentially nationwide. In
> reviewing
> my calls from yesterday, 4/6 (actually, I was trying to see how long my
> son
> had been talking to someone last night) I found this entry:
>
> 04/06 6:59 PM INCOMING 111-111-1111 DT 4
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 2
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 1
>
> First, I have 4 cingular cellular lines with nighttime minutes beginning
> at
> 7pm. I changed the actual phone numbers in the text above for obvious
> reasons.
>
> Notice that I received 2 calls at 6:25pm rated DayTime minutes which is
> correct. They were also signaled as Mobile to Mobile which is also
> correct.
>
> Now...check the 6:59PM entry. I receive a call from 111-111-1111, it is
> correctly set to DayTime minutes BUT there is no indication of it being
> Mobile to Mobile. This seems to indicate that I was charged for daytime
> minutes while talking to another mobile phone - specifically, another
one
> of
> my cell phones.
>
> I called cingular and lo and behold...I am correct. I am being charged
> for
> the 4 minutes. This does not affect just me. This affects everyone
with
> Cingular. We were disconnected before I could find out if they are
> issuing
> credit. But, now I have to check ALL my calls since 1/1/2005.
>
> Am I missing something here or have I discovered a major problem?
>
> Bob L.

> It has removed 2228 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

It has removed 2315 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

If the caller ID on any of you mobile phones is blocked then the M2M rating
does not work correctly I suggest checking it!

"Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I found another HUGE billing problem - potentially nationwide. In
> reviewing
> my calls from yesterday, 4/6 (actually, I was trying to see how long my
> son
> had been talking to someone last night) I found this entry:
>
> 04/06 6:59 PM INCOMING 111-111-1111 DT 4
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 2
> 04/06 6:25 PM ALBANY 111-111-1111 DT M2MCNG 1
>
> First, I have 4 cingular cellular lines with nighttime minutes beginning
> at
> 7pm. I changed the actual phone numbers in the text above for obvious
> reasons.
>
> Notice that I received 2 calls at 6:25pm rated DayTime minutes which is
> correct. They were also signaled as Mobile to Mobile which is also
> correct.
>
> Now...check the 6:59PM entry. I receive a call from 111-111-1111, it is
> correctly set to DayTime minutes BUT there is no indication of it being
> Mobile to Mobile. This seems to indicate that I was charged for daytime
> minutes while talking to another mobile phone - specifically, another one
> of
> my cell phones.
>
> I called cingular and lo and behold...I am correct. I am being charged
> for
> the 4 minutes. This does not affect just me. This affects everyone with
> Cingular. We were disconnected before I could find out if they are
> issuing
> credit. But, now I have to check ALL my calls since 1/1/2005.
>
> Am I missing something here or have I discovered a major problem?
>
> Bob L.

> It has removed 2228 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

actually m2m rating does not count one nw minutes start because they are
free times!

In article <Tr%8e.452$r53.186@attbi_s21>,
"svnnahsdaddy4701" <svnnahsdaddy4701@insightbb.com> wrote:

> If the caller ID on any of you mobile phones is blocked then the M2M rating
> does not work correctly I suggest checking it!

I never had that problem. I get M2M minutes calling my wife even if
caller ID is off.

Hi:

The problem fluctuates. Sometimes I am charged a DT minute and sometimes
not when I call my wife's cell phone - also with Cingular.

I reviewed last months bill and did not see the problem. So, this must be
something that started in April.

Bob

> In article <Tr%8e.452$r53.186@attbi_s21>,
> "svnnahsdaddy4701" <svnnahsdaddy4701@insightbb.com> wrote:
>
> > If the caller ID on any of you mobile phones is blocked then the M2M
rating
> > does not work correctly I suggest checking it!
> >

> I never had that problem. I get M2M minutes calling my wife even if
> caller ID is off.

It has removed 2489 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

TRENDING THREADS