Sign in with
Your question

64x Boot Disk problem

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2009 12:26:36 AM

Hello, I am currently running XP 32bit and when trying to boot and do a clean install from a 64bit Win 7 disk it first loads the files and then loads the win 7 logo as normal.

The problem begins right after that, a blue background with some nice design appears my mouse pointer has a loading circle for a few moments and then nothing. I can move my mouse around and thats it, no install window appears.

I have used two different disks same result. Any ideas please let me know, thank you very much.

More about : 64x boot disk problem

a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2009 1:09:58 AM

Check with your motherboard manufacturer to make sure it's 64 bit compatible.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2009 1:16:26 AM

The motherboard was ordered from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The thing says it supports 16 Gb ram so I am inclined to believe it can support 64 bit.
And I made a flasu USB outa my external, same thing just get the install wallpaper and no window with customize or upgrade :( 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2009 2:10:50 AM

On some motherboards it can take a long time at this point in the installation, I think that it is trying to sort out the resources needed for windows to be installed. You may need to wait 10-15 minutes at this point. If it still does not want to go, try removing everything that can be removed including in the BIOS network and sound cards. If this still doesn’t work then try running a memory test program.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 27, 2009 2:56:52 AM

pjmelect said:
On some motherboards it can take a long time at this point in the installation, I think that it is trying to sort out the resources needed for windows to be installed. You may need to wait 10-15 minutes at this point.

With Windows Vista, this was the case (not quite 10-15 minutes, but longer than Windows 7), but Windows 7 should appear within a few minutes - 5 at most.
m
l
December 27, 2009 5:30:56 AM

I am currently Installing my drivers and programs! Thank you both very much that was it! Just needed to let her sit a few minutes. Thank you once again!
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 27, 2009 5:47:54 AM

Glad we could help.
m
l
!