Mic works fine - Guitar Does not (Creative Audigy SE)

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Hey guys, Afflicto here. I have a strange problem with my new sound card.
I got the Creative Audigy SE due to my old soundcard produces this high-pitched noise (Very strange too, I did post here on the forums to try and figure it out but its probably completely broke or something)

Anyways, here is my problem. I REALLY need to get this working.

Setup:
Win 7, 64-bit
Q6600 Quad Core
4Gig DDR3 1800mhz
Creative Audigy SE
Jackson Electric Guitar

Cable, directly from Guitar, to Audio Card (Creative Audigy SE)

Using FL Studio, with ASIO4ALL
Got latest drivers for Soundcard directly from creative.com
It says it supports win 7 64-bit.

What works?
I have sound, 5.1 works fine.
Mic works fine in skype\ventrilo\audio recording. (Microphone is steelseries 7H Headset)

What dosen't work?
Creative Speaker Settings or any other creative application\software does not work.
(Gives error saying this software does not support this device).
No audio signal ever received when attaching guitar through microphone port.

If anyone have any idea why the hell the soundcard miracolousely cannot receive any signal from my guitar, please tell me... This is wierd....

Any replies is highly appriciated!
Thanks,
-Afflicto

Its possible you may need to go to the Windows Control Panel, and enable "Monitering" on the microphone input. That will force the playback of any inputs from that port through the output device, so you can test in realtime whether anything is getting through...

Does the Audigy SE have a line input port (typically Blue)? If so, use that instead.

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Hey gamerk316,

Thanks or your reply.
The Audigy SE only has 1 input port, and that's blue actually. even tho it's the mic. The rest are outputs for my speakers. (5.1)

Ok, so the SE uses a combined mic/line input...kinda leans toward (another) Creative driver problem...

Try enabling "monitering" on the input port from the windows control panel, and see if you can pick up any audio whatsoever. (Its somewhere in the advanced options; I forget where offhand, but its there). Its possible you are getting the signal, but playing back that signal is the problem. (Just trying to confirm the signal is in fact not getting received by the card)

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Hm, ok... I will try that later today.
Well the ting is, I'm inside FL Studio, using ASIO4ALL, so I don't need to enable monitoring.
When I plug the mic in, I get sound as I mentioned. Guitar, nope.

It is most likely a driver problem but.. I don't know.

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
dEAne...
Believe me, the onboard soundcard is totally fucked up. Seriousely, I've tried everything to fix the noise. it's not fans, no drives... no wifi.. no CRT monitor.. nothing like that. not mic feedback either, I've checked and confirmed pretty much everything.
It's wierd.

Anyways, I'l try to fix this issue later on today, thanks for the replies guys.

-Afflicto

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Ok guys, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using windows update drivers, drivers that are on the creative CD that followed with the product as well as drivers from the official creative website. NONE works.

I'm out of ideas.

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
It suddenly started working, totally randomly.. I opened an old project in FL Studio. and I heard some noise..

I thaught... wow... are you kidding me?.. ok.. let's see..
I took my finger.. gently I touched one of the strings on my guitar.. and I heard the sound... The sound of Distorted guitar!

YES!!! FINALLY!!!

Totally randomly.. it started working.. don't ask me how.. strange.
Thanks for all the replies everyone though :)