OCZ solid 3 message pre POST

Hi,

I have an ocz solid 3 and when I boot I get a short "press any key to continue" prompt before the bios at boot. Any ideas what this is? Also, the SSD is not listed in my bios either. It is my primary hard drive nd still boots to windows, however it is not listed in the boot order. Only the cd drive and the other mechanical HDD. Any ideas?

My motherboard is an Asus m5a99x CEO. Other is a western digital (I think) 160GB sata 2 drive. OS is Windows 7.
5 answers Last reply
More about solid message post
  1. Is your SRP on the solid 3? Look in disk management to see if the 100Mb system reserved partition is on the SSD or if it is on a different drive.
  2. RealBeast said:
    Is your SRP on the solid 3? Look in disk management to see if the 100Mb system reserved partition is on the SSD or if it is on a different drive.

Unfortunately I can't see the System Reserved Partition on either of the 2 disks.

Also, the message pre-post is coming from the firmware of the SSD. Any ideas on this?

Edit: Managed to get the message by filming my PC booting.

JMicron Technology Corp. PCI Express to SATAII HOST Controller ROM v1.07.28
    Copyright(C) 2005-2010. JMicron Technology Corp.

HDD0: OCZ-SOLID3 120GB

Press any key to continue...
  3. Do you connect the SSD to the SATAIII (gray, AMD SB950 controller ) ports or the SATAII (black, JMB362 controller) ?
  4. As I figured. You need to create the SRP on the SSD. The easiest way to do that is to disconnect all HDDs from the system and do a repair installation of Windows 7, which will not erase your data or programs. It will fix the SRP issue and you will have to re-install all Windows updates since the install disk. Use an SP1 disk for your repair install that is the same as your version. You can legally download a trial disk and then use your own install key: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-7-Download-118183.html
  5. Ok, got this figured.

1. Changed the SSD to the grey connectors. I must have gotten confused reading the manual and thought that the blacks were SATA III.

2. Reinstall Windows 7. Wipe the drive and create new partition. This creates the Sys Res partition. In my haste to play with my new machine i forgot about this step. Was OK to blat the machine since it was pretty fresh anyway from my install to the SSD.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD OCZ Boot Storage