Transfer domain account files, settings to local account?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I've been running a small domain at home with a Windows 2003 server, but
decided to return to a workgroup and just get rid of the extra "server"
computer. That means that the clients will start using a local instead of a
domain account.

* Is there any way to transfer all the files and settings on a client
computer from a domain profile on that computer to the same user's local
account on the same computer? *

Can the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard handle this? Thank you very much!

-Doug

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Yes, the F&STW will do what you want. Run it while connected to the domain
and save what items you want to move, then remove the computer from the
domain, log on with your local account, and finally restore documents and
settings to your "new" account.

"Douglas Laudenschlager" <douglas.laudenschlager@private.verizon.net> wrote
in message news:%23I6BbyoWFHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...