Sign in with
Your question

Need a Good Laptop

Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2010 6:39:02 PM

Hey guys,
I've been looking around for a good laptop and right as I found one they are discontinued.
-This one right here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26...;+Core%26%23153;+i5+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+4GB+Memory+/+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Red/Black/9728443.p?id=1218161511080&skuId=9728443

So I was hoping maybe someone had some insight to a good substitute. It needs to be under $1000 and I was looking for one with a core i5 but feel free to suggest ones with comparable processors. I would prefer a decent graphics card and at least 4gb of ram. This is for school but I wouldn't mind having it for fun applications as well.

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

More about : good laptop

a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2010 11:07:52 PM

$1,000 gives you quite a few options. Look at HP as well as Toshiba, and other models.

Wander into stores like MicroCenter, Fry's, Best Buy, CompUSA, etc and physically check out the laptops on display. Make a few trips. Don't hesitate to ask other fellow shoppers for opinions (I do this). Request demos if necessary, or do your own demo at the stores.

Read reviews about the ones you like. Spend a few hours researching the pros and cons. Then make your decision, and you will be happy about it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 11, 2010 12:03:03 AM

Yes you need to decide what you really want first. Laptops have different configurations.

Which is more desirable, lightweight portability or screen size?

Battery life or speed?

Not a big fan of BB for parts, but for laptops they often have great deals. Both of my laptop purchases were made there.
m
l
!