Sign in with
Your question

Capacitor came out on my radeon 4890 help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 5, 2010 4:01:33 AM

I am worried just now when i removed my graphic card from my motherboard a capacitor just fell from the gpu will it have a problem what should i do now.I am still able to run the gpu fine but i am worried if it will fry my gpu or other components please help and i live in india dont know where to give it for servicing.My gpu is just 1 year old does it still hav warrenty?

More about : capacitor radeon 4890

a c 189 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 4:24:54 AM

o o, don't continue it, buddy, it's dangerous...
this capacitor, is it from motherboard or gpu?
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 4:26:43 AM

contact the person who's selling this card to you, ask him/her whether you still have warranty or not...
m
l
Related resources
July 5, 2010 4:35:02 AM

wa1 said:
o o, don't continue it, buddy, it's dangerous...
this capacitor, is it from motherboard or gpu?

oh really i was just playing mass effect 2 ok i will stop if its gonna damage my parts and the capacitor is of gpu not motherboard and my gpu brand is sapphire
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 10:36:48 AM

Just contact the person who selling this card to you, ask whether he/she can help you to repair/replace your card...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 1:11:01 PM

get a similarly rated capacitor, find where the capacitor is missing and solder away
m
l
January 21, 2011 12:47:14 AM

Hi there,

Sorry for exhuming this thread, but I have the same problem.

In my case the card doesn't even turn on (or well, produce video output, the fans do spin normally at boot), not sure if that's due to the capacitor falling off or something else, as I bought it in this state already.

Xaira was suggesting getting a similarly rated capacitor and replacing it. Could he, or anyone else explain which way we could find that out?

What's written on the capacitor itself (LF 270 C 941) is not in itself too clear, at least the unaccustomed eye, but I'd like to try and solder a new capacitor on, before giving up on the card altogether.

Any help would be appreciated!

Vorrin
m
l
!