Capacitor came out on my radeon 4890 help

gamer1291

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
I am worried just now when i removed my graphic card from my motherboard a capacitor just fell from the gpu will it have a problem what should i do now.I am still able to run the gpu fine but i am worried if it will fry my gpu or other components please help and i live in india dont know where to give it for servicing.My gpu is just 1 year old does it still hav warrenty?

gamer1291

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008

oh really i was just playing mass effect 2 ok i will stop if its gonna damage my parts and the capacitor is of gpu not motherboard and my gpu brand is sapphire

vorrin

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Hi there,

Sorry for exhuming this thread, but I have the same problem.

In my case the card doesn't even turn on (or well, produce video output, the fans do spin normally at boot), not sure if that's due to the capacitor falling off or something else, as I bought it in this state already.

Xaira was suggesting getting a similarly rated capacitor and replacing it. Could he, or anyone else explain which way we could find that out?

What's written on the capacitor itself (LF 270 C 941) is not in itself too clear, at least the unaccustomed eye, but I'd like to try and solder a new capacitor on, before giving up on the card altogether.

Any help would be appreciated!

Vorrin