Windows 7 Ultimate x64 freezes from time to time

Kade616

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hello, I've been having this issue for awhile now. When I try to do multiple things at once Windows seems to freeze for minutes at a time.
I am running stock settings on all of my hardware so Im confused to what could be happening.

My Setup:
AMD Phenom ll x6 1090t
Biostar TA880GB+ MOBO
16gb Gskill Ripjaws 1333mhz
2-500gb WD 7200 rpm HD
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

With 16GB ram, should not be an issue. Could possiblely have something like excessive hardware interrupts. Have task manager 'at the ready' and check the resources running. A utility 'process monitor' sysinternals.com i think, is even better, as it gives much more system info.

Kade616

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I checked the task manager and the only two things I had running at that time was Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and Windows Explorer. CPU usage was only 16%.
I will check into a different process monitor. Thanks for the input

Kade616

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Lmao thats funny!!!! No it's a legit copy and to my knowledge it is fully up to date atleast from what windows update says. I thought maybe it was an update that caused this. It was working fine until last week sometime.(Not sure exactly when it started)

Look in all the Tabs for Red X (error msgs). The others will be informational )i) messages, but take a gander at those also. Info is pretty cryptic though.