Solved

HD 5750 limited to 600mhz???

I just bought a Sapphire Vapor-x 5750. The default core is 710mhz but when I try to play games it seems like it only partially comes out of it's idle state and the core goes to 600mhz. No matter what clock speed I set it at it never changes, it always goes to exactly 600mhz. Any ideas what the heck is going on here? I am not concerned about energy savings so if I comes down to it I would disable the idle state it goes into, so how would I do that? Thanks.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5750 limited 600mhz
  1. Where do you get your core readings from? Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date. The other possibility (maybe a long shot) is that the card cannot go to full speed because your PSU is too weak. Complete system specs?
  2. Herr_Koos said:
    Where do you get your core readings from? Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date. The other possibility (maybe a long shot) is that the card cannot go to full speed because your PSU is too weak. Complete system specs?

My core readings come from msi afterburner and gpuz, I have the on screen display in afterburner set to show clock speed in game. I have also tried it with furmark and I have done multiple runs of 3dmar at different clock speeds and they all come out exactly the same. I am on the 10.6 drivers and have tried 10.5. I doubt that it is my power supply as I was running two extremely overclocked 9600gt's in SLI before this. My system is a Core i3 530 @3.97, CM Hyper 212+ heatsink, 4GB Adata DDR3 1600 @ 1900, AsRock p55 extreme motherboard, 1 dvd burner, 1tb Samsung f3 HDD, 550w Antec True Power Trio, Sapphire Vapor-x 5750, 3 120mm case fans, 140mm fan, and a 80mm fan all in an Antec 300 case.
  3. Power's fine then. You haven't applied any Afterburner profiles that may be limiting you?
  4. Herr_Koos said:
    Power's fine then. You haven't applied any Afterburner profiles that may be limiting you?

No, I have completely uninstalled afterburner with Revo, uninstalled all ATI software and drivers, ran driver sweeper and installed just the display driver to see if it was CCC limiting me. I opened GPUZ and ran furmark, it still only goes up to 600mhz. I wish I could figure out how to disable the Power Play feature all together but everything I find on the internet refers to some file or tab in CCC that doesn't exist. Also, I looked this up and it is a common problem with the new ATI dx11 cards but I haven't found a solution yet.
  5. Best answer
    It may be worth posting on the ATI forums and try to get some official support.
  6. Long shot, but did u connect the power connector to the card?

Also are u looking at the frequencies in 2d or 3d mode? If the card is not running a 3d application it automatically throttles down.
  7. Okay, I figured it out. The card was bios flashed with a 5770 bios and it screwed up the powerplay profile, so I flashed it with the original bios and it is fine now. Whoever says you can do it is full of crap. Thanks anyway guys. By the way, I now have my card stable at 900/1350 and I'm sure it can go higher.
  8. Best answer selected by Andon48.
  9. Andon48 said:
    Okay, I figured it out. The card was bios flashed with a 5770 bios and it screwed up the powerplay profile, so I flashed it with the original bios and it is fine now. Whoever says you can do it is full of crap. Thanks anyway guys. By the way, I now have my card stable at 900/1350 and I'm sure it can go higher.

You might have mentioned that earlier... but I'm glad you managed to fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Core Graphics