Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

HD 5750 limited to 600mhz???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 5, 2010 5:15:34 AM

I just bought a Sapphire Vapor-x 5750. The default core is 710mhz but when I try to play games it seems like it only partially comes out of it's idle state and the core goes to 600mhz. No matter what clock speed I set it at it never changes, it always goes to exactly 600mhz. Any ideas what the heck is going on here? I am not concerned about energy savings so if I comes down to it I would disable the idle state it goes into, so how would I do that? Thanks.

More about : 5750 limited 600mhz

July 5, 2010 11:26:24 AM

Where do you get your core readings from? Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date. The other possibility (maybe a long shot) is that the card cannot go to full speed because your PSU is too weak. Complete system specs?
m
0
l
July 5, 2010 11:41:10 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Where do you get your core readings from? Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date. The other possibility (maybe a long shot) is that the card cannot go to full speed because your PSU is too weak. Complete system specs?


My core readings come from msi afterburner and gpuz, I have the on screen display in afterburner set to show clock speed in game. I have also tried it with furmark and I have done multiple runs of 3dmar at different clock speeds and they all come out exactly the same. I am on the 10.6 drivers and have tried 10.5. I doubt that it is my power supply as I was running two extremely overclocked 9600gt's in SLI before this. My system is a Core i3 530 @3.97, CM Hyper 212+ heatsink, 4GB Adata DDR3 1600 @ 1900, AsRock p55 extreme motherboard, 1 dvd burner, 1tb Samsung f3 HDD, 550w Antec True Power Trio, Sapphire Vapor-x 5750, 3 120mm case fans, 140mm fan, and a 80mm fan all in an Antec 300 case.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 5, 2010 12:10:03 PM

Power's fine then. You haven't applied any Afterburner profiles that may be limiting you?
m
0
l
July 5, 2010 12:58:36 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Power's fine then. You haven't applied any Afterburner profiles that may be limiting you?


No, I have completely uninstalled afterburner with Revo, uninstalled all ATI software and drivers, ran driver sweeper and installed just the display driver to see if it was CCC limiting me. I opened GPUZ and ran furmark, it still only goes up to 600mhz. I wish I could figure out how to disable the Power Play feature all together but everything I find on the internet refers to some file or tab in CCC that doesn't exist. Also, I looked this up and it is a common problem with the new ATI dx11 cards but I haven't found a solution yet.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 5, 2010 1:05:37 PM

It may be worth posting on the ATI forums and try to get some official support.
Share
July 5, 2010 4:57:24 PM

Long shot, but did u connect the power connector to the card?

Also are u looking at the frequencies in 2d or 3d mode? If the card is not running a 3d application it automatically throttles down.
m
0
l
July 6, 2010 8:21:02 PM

Okay, I figured it out. The card was bios flashed with a 5770 bios and it screwed up the powerplay profile, so I flashed it with the original bios and it is fine now. Whoever says you can do it is full of crap. Thanks anyway guys. By the way, I now have my card stable at 900/1350 and I'm sure it can go higher.
m
0
l
July 6, 2010 8:21:24 PM

Best answer selected by Andon48.
m
0
l
July 6, 2010 8:46:57 PM

Andon48 said:
Okay, I figured it out. The card was bios flashed with a 5770 bios and it screwed up the powerplay profile, so I flashed it with the original bios and it is fine now. Whoever says you can do it is full of crap. Thanks anyway guys. By the way, I now have my card stable at 900/1350 and I'm sure it can go higher.


You might have mentioned that earlier... but I'm glad you managed to fix it.
m
0
l
!