4-pin molex question

ace123

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
hi,i ordered this off of amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JQ17WK/ref=oss_product

it's a black light mod and it comes with two uv led wired to two 2-pin females that connects to a sound activator box that connects to another 2 pin header which finally plugs into the psu's 4-pin molex connector via split molex end of the uv.the wires that connects to the psu's 4-pin molex had 4-pin male connector that separates into 4-pin female that looks like this

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SY-CAB65011-5-Inch-Molex-Female/dp/B002KQ5KBQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1287522328&sr=1-3

i wanted to sleeve up the wires,so i used a molex extraction tool to take out the molex pins,but i forgot how to arrange the wires back >.<

that means i DID put the 4-pin males back using molex extraction tool to install it back in again,but i forgot where the initial wires were at.does it matter much if the red wire should be on the left or yellow on the left whatnot?

or will me having slightly misplaced the direction of the 4 molex pins cause something like a psu short or blow up the pc or just make something go crazy?

like u see from the syba 4 pin molex male/female...red wires on the left,then black,black and yellow on the white plastic bit.im not sure if the plastic bit was flipped or not so i dont know if that will cause a malfunction

suteck

Distinguished

If you look closely at the picture in the second link you sent it shows that the red wire goes into the left side as your facing the pins with the rounded part on top for the male connector. On the Female connector the red wire goes into the right side as your facing the pins with the rounded side on top. Then of course it's red, black, black & Yellow as you face both ends with the rounded part on top. I also have one of these on hand so I'm sure of the orientation.

ace123

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
is this correct?

molex1.jpg

molex2.jpg

molex3.jpg