Problem accessing internet with xp sp2

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hi

I am using ms internet transfer control to access a website in an ms access
app. Client pcs where app is running are connected to a small business
server 2003/ISA Server 2000 server. The app works fine on all pcs with win
xp sp1. However it does not work on a new pc with xp sp2 pre-installed. I
have disabled the sp2 firewall but the app still does not work. The error I
get is 'HTTP Error 407 - Proxy authentication required', ISA Server can not
retrieve the web
page etc. If I enter the username, password and proxy server information in
the control then I get the error 404: Resource can not be accesses... etc.

What is the problem and how can I fix it? Also, why would the app work with
xp sp1 but not with xp sp2 even when xp sp2 firewall is disabled?

Thanks

Regards
2 answers Last reply
More about problem accessing internet
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Are you using the Firewall client? This may solve your problem, but if not
    you would be better to post in SBS newsgroup.
    "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using ms internet transfer control to access a website in an ms
    > access
    > app. Client pcs where app is running are connected to a small business
    > server 2003/ISA Server 2000 server. The app works fine on all pcs with win
    > xp sp1. However it does not work on a new pc with xp sp2 pre-installed. I
    > have disabled the sp2 firewall but the app still does not work. The error
    > get is 'HTTP Error 407 - Proxy authentication required', ISA Server can
    > not
    > retrieve the web
    > page etc. If I enter the username, password and proxy server information
    > in
    > the control then I get the error 404: Resource can not be accesses... etc.
    >
    > What is the problem and how can I fix it? Also, why would the app work
    > with
    > xp sp1 but not with xp sp2 even when xp sp2 firewall is disabled?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Using the firewall client. Should I take it off?

    Regards

    "Chris Jones" <cka691@alltel.net> wrote in message
    > Are you using the Firewall client? This may solve your problem, but if not
    > you would be better to post in SBS newsgroup.
    > "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am using ms internet transfer control to access a website in an ms
    >> access
    >> app. Client pcs where app is running are connected to a small business
    >> server 2003/ISA Server 2000 server. The app works fine on all pcs with
    >> win
    >> xp sp1. However it does not work on a new pc with xp sp2 pre-installed. I
    >> have disabled the sp2 firewall but the app still does not work. The error
    >> get is 'HTTP Error 407 - Proxy authentication required', ISA Server can
    >> not
    >> retrieve the web
    >> page etc. If I enter the username, password and proxy server information
    >> in
    >> the control then I get the error 404: Resource can not be accesses...
    >> etc.
    >>
    >> What is the problem and how can I fix it? Also, why would the app work
    >> with
    >> xp sp1 but not with xp sp2 even when xp sp2 firewall is disabled?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Regards

Configuration Windows XP Microsoft Servers