Sign in with
Your question

Fastest SSD ?

Last response: in Storage
November 5, 2012 7:00:40 PM

Looking for the fastest SSD on the market (240g or more),
Not looking for price/performance just pure speed.
Currently im looking at the ocz vertex 4 or an intel 520.

Any suggestions?

Should also mention I had an ocz vertex 4 128g but I am giving that to a friend and i need more storage this time around.

More about : fastest ssd

a c 283 G Storage
November 5, 2012 7:42:18 PM

According to technical reviews the new consumer speed champion appears to be the brand new Samsung 840 Pro. Tomorrow is the official release date.

I maintain the ssd database listed in the sticky at the very top of this ssd forum section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.ht...

Scroll down to the Samsung section and follow the links to the 840 Pro technical reviews that were published a few days ago.

As soon as you buy it some other company will claim the speed title. I guarantee it.

Consumer solid state drives are not the fastest ssd's. The fastest ssd's are enterprise models that are very rarely mentioned here. They are very expensive too.
m
l
November 5, 2012 7:43:50 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
According to technical reviews the new consumer speed champion appears to be the brand new Samsung 840 Pro. Tomorrow is the official release date.

I maintain the ssd database listed in the sticky at the very top of this ssd forum section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.ht...

Scroll down to the Samsung section and follow the links to the 840 Pro technical reviews that were published a few days ago.

As soon as you buy it some other company will claim the speed title. I guarantee it.

Consumer solid state drives are not the fastest ssd's. The fastest ssd's are enterprise models that are very rarely mentioned here. They are very expensive too.

im only looking at the consumer level. I was sort of hoping to buy one with a good track record, as you said the 840 is very new so im not sure about buying it.
m
l
Related resources
a c 283 G Storage
November 5, 2012 7:49:09 PM

In other threads I recommended waiting 6 months before purchasing. The 840 Pro doesn't have a proven track record yet. In fact the official release date isn't until tomorrow.
m
l
November 5, 2012 8:05:53 PM

alright thanks for the help, i think il stick with OCZ and grab a vertex 4 256gig
m
l
!