XP CD Install Lock Up

G

Hey all,

I just put together a new box and during install of Windows XP it hangs at copying windows setup files.

New system is an AMD Phenom II x 4 945, MSI 790x G45 motherboard with 4 gigs Patriot 1066 ram.

I have nothing else installed physically except the video card, hard drive, and DVD Rom. Swapped in three different CD Drives, three different hard drives, and three different versions of XP...service Pack 1, 2, and 3. Each one does the same thing.

I am able to get each drive to reach the partition display screen on all the same drives, cd rom drives, and OS cd's on another system just fine. I have also swapped the video card and still nothing. Loaded bios fail safe options and still it hangs. Swapped memory to one stick and ran memtests with no problems reported.

My question is where do I go from here? Also, where do the temporary setup files load? Are these loaded into ram or cache? I have built several pcs over the years and usually find problems based on swapping out hardware till i find the culprit. In this situation I do not have another board or CPU to swap with ATM.

Ideas?

This. Especially if this is an older version of XP.