Good 150 zoom for D100

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 27, 2004 7:14:19 PM

Can you recommend a "professional quality" simple 150mm auto focus zoom lens
for my Nikon D100.

Thanks

More about : good 150 zoom d100

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 7:14:20 PM

"Jack"
> Can you recommend a "professional quality" simple 150mm auto focus zoom lens
> for my Nikon D100.
>
> Thanks

A zoom lens has a range. I think you mean a telephoto lens.
Any of their 2.8 lenses will fit the bill at whatever range you want,
the AFS variety are the best but the body won't focus them as
fast as possible so you might save some bucks there. I would
get a AFS and upgrade the body when feasible.
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 1:29:12 AM

"Jack" <No@mail.Please> wrote:

>Can you recommend a "professional quality" simple 150mm auto focus zoom lens
>for my Nikon D100.

Why not one of the D versions of the 180/2.8? I've seen used ones in
excellent condition for less than $350. You can't get a better lens in
this range.

Scott Peterson

--
The Society For The Prevention And Cure Of
Rectal-Cranial Inversion Is Committed To

http://www.headsup.moc

281/600
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 1:32:07 AM

Scott Peterson <scottp4.removethistoreply@mindspring.com> writes:
> Why not one of the D versions of the 180/2.8? I've seen used ones in
> excellent condition for less than $350. You can't get a better lens in
> this range.

Are you serious, 180/2.8 AF-D's going for $350? Wow, and yikes.
(My MF stuff has to be totally worthless by now, but that's not news.)
!