Tags:
  • Asus
  • Computer
  • Boot
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 14, 2011 11:29:57 AM

Hello,my computer won't boot all it does is,beep ever 2seconds all the fans work but not the cpu fan computer been working untill today it just crashed and shut off never booted again could it be a failure mb? Cpu fan acts like it wants to work trys to spin h

More about : motherboard boot

June 14, 2011 4:10:54 PM

It sounds like your board died. You could try to reseat your memory chips to see if that will help also check you power supply to see if that is working correctly
m
l
June 14, 2011 8:30:35 PM

auonex20 said:
Hello,my computer won't boot all it does is,beep ever 2seconds all the fans work but not the cpu fan computer been working untill today it just crashed and shut off never booted again could it be a failure mb? Cpu fan acts like it wants to work trys to spin h

This suggests that it could be your CPU fan failing. If possible, try a different CPU fan. Your system won't boot if that fan isn't working or isn't plugged in. You could try "helping" the fan spin by flicking it right when it twitches or tries to start. If it boots when you do this then the problem is very likely your CPU fan and you need to replace it.
m
l
Related resources
June 14, 2011 11:17:17 PM

auonex20 said:
wait if it wont boot how did you get here
m
l
June 14, 2011 11:18:27 PM

it could be a # of things frankly
m
l
June 14, 2011 11:28:52 PM

id take it apart and put it back togethar component by component if you know what your doing. and if that doesnt work it might be a software problem and id suggest contacting sombody who knows abouth these things.
m
l
!