PCI-e 2.0 plastic clip

abdul89

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Hi

Im trying to install a gtx570 in my new pc that im busy building, but i cant seem to get the gpu in without that little plastic clip on the end of the pci slot bending backwards.

Are you supposed to open/pull/push the clip or something before you install a gpu? Or do you just leave it how it is?

It looks as if its going to break off if i push any harder

Please help

Thanks

Depending of the Mobo, it may be a slide mechanism, some clips bend out towards the top of the case, some slide towards the front of the case, find out which yours is by gently trying to move it but dont force it, and the slide ones need to be open before placing the card in the slot
Moto

What board do you have? Some have separate clips that you need to push away to install the card and then push back in to lock it in place. Others just need to be pushed out of the way a bit while installing and then it will lock into place by itself.

abdul89

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Thanks for the replies. I have an MSI P67A GD65 mobo btw. I just pushed the card into the slot, and that little plastic arm got pushed/bent out of the way but then clicked back into place once the card was fully into the pci slot.

It just needed a bit of pressure. This is my first build so I was just paranoid about everything.

As i type this, the new build is busy running prime 95 :)

Nnick321

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

any idea of z77 extreme 3 motherboard clip mechanism