Truff's UT Mod Party - 2nd Birthday Celebrations on Sunday..

On Sunday, 17 October 2004, the Truff UT Community reaches its second
birthday. Over the past two years we've come a long way from running a
single 6-player server on a home connection to lively community running
several full servers, often with over 100 players on at any one time! To
celebrate, we are closing our regular servers and will be running a
variety of fun UT mods for the day. The servers are UK based and will be
running from 12 midday until midnight (UK time - BST).

Mods include:

- Esc (UT nightclub!)

- JailBreak (frag all of the opposing team to put them in jail)

- Excessive Overkill (weapons upgrade)

- TallyHo! (frag the monsters)

- HolyWars (find the halo to become the saint)

- Scavenger Hunt (collect the flags for points)

- HeadHunters (collect the heads of your murdered opponents and cash
them in for points)

- Drop the Flag (CTF but with a slippery flag)

See http://www.truff.net/birthday.htm for further details. Everyone is
welcome to come along.

--
Truff
http://www.truff.net

    Truff wrote:

    > On Sunday, 17 October 2004, the Truff UT Community reaches its second
    > birthday.

    Congrats!

    I play a lot on the Truff publics, and they're consistently the best for
    me in the UK. The only niggle I have is the recent addition of player
    skins on some of them - having to download a meg or two of skins for
    somebody who probably isn't even playing is annoying, but the
    redirection makes it less so.

    Anyway, thanks!

    --
    Flash

    Nice one Truff its very much worth a celebration. I'll be along evening
    time.

    Thanks

    Visine

    Flash wrote:
    > Truff wrote:
    >
    >> On Sunday, 17 October 2004, the Truff UT Community reaches its second
    >> birthday.
    >

    > Congrats!
    >
    > I play a lot on the Truff publics, and they're consistently the best for
    > me in the UK. The only niggle I have is the recent addition of player
    > skins on some of them - having to download a meg or two of skins for
    > somebody who probably isn't even playing is annoying, but the
    > redirection makes it less so.

    Thanks and hope to see you at the party :)

    The skins have recently been added (a maximum of 4 per server) for
    people who pay a monthly subscription fee to help support the running of
    the community (we are entirely privately funded). We've limited the
    number and size of the skins - and as you say they are all on the
    redirect server, but in return for this minor inconvenience you can
    continue to play on the servers for free!

    Cheers

    Truff

    Truff wrote:
    > On Sunday, 17 October 2004, the Truff UT Community reaches its second
    > birthday. Over the past two years we've come a long way from running a
    > single 6-player server on a home connection to lively community
    > running several full servers, often with over 100 players on at any
    > one time! To celebrate, we are closing our regular servers and will
    > be running a variety of fun UT mods for the day.

    Twas completely excellent, thanks very much!

    --
    [Fitz]Chum{AGUT}
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    [Fitz]Chum{AGUT} wrote:
    > Truff wrote:
    >
    >>On Sunday, 17 October 2004, the Truff UT Community reaches its second
    >>birthday. Over the past two years we've come a long way from running a
    >>single 6-player server on a home connection to lively community
    >>running several full servers, often with over 100 players on at any
    >>one time! To celebrate, we are closing our regular servers and will
    >>be running a variety of fun UT mods for the day.
    >

    > Twas completely excellent, thanks very much!

    Yeah, great fun :)

Servers Video Games