Sign in with
Your question

Dx 11 pci sound card

Last response: in Components
October 20, 2010 12:40:02 PM

Hello,
i have a acer aspire sa 90 and a gtx 460 and every thing other than my sound card has been upgraded so now i have only 3 pci slots left please suggest me a good sound card budget is not an issue

More about : pci sound card

October 20, 2010 2:38:04 PM

My soundcard recommendations:

HT Omega Striker, ASUS Xonar D1/DX. Auzentech Forte, ASUS Essence ST/STX
m
l
October 21, 2010 1:20:27 AM

thanks for the quick reply but asus xonar d1/dx uses pci-e as well as auzentech forte and asus essence st/stx the only one which uses pci is ht omega striker i would like some more choices pls tel me and it should be dx 11 compatible and i dont think the omega is!
m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2010 11:56:34 AM

No, stay away from Creative; why bother with the loss in audio quality? Nevermind the historic issues that plauge Creative's PCI lineup (mainly "Snap, Crackle, Pop"). The only Creative card worth considering is the Titanium, and that card is beaten feature and quality wise by cards $20 cheaper.

The ASUS Xonar D1 is PCI; the newer DX is PCI-E. You could also make a case for stepping up to the ASUS Xonar D2 or Auzentech Prelude if you need a more capable PCI card, but both are currently at REALLY bad price points in my mind...The Essence ST is overkill, and the Creative ExtremeAudio is a cripple (many disabled features and very low quality audio).

Also, soundcards have nothing to do with DirectX.
m
l
October 21, 2010 2:33:53 PM

2 189281,5,338029]No, stay away from Creative; why bother with the loss in audio quality? Nevermind the historic issues that plauge Creative's PCI lineup (mainly "Snap, Crackle, Pop"). The only Creative card worth considering is the Titanium, and that card is beaten feature and quality wise by cards $20 cheaper.

The ASUS Xonar D1 is PCI; the newer DX is PCI-E. You could also make a case for stepping up to the ASUS Xonar D2 or Auzentech Prelude if you need a more capable PCI card, but both are currently at REALLY bad price points in my mind...The Essence ST is overkill, and the Creative ExtremeAudio is a cripple (many disabled features and very low quality audio).

Also, soundcards have nothing to do with DirectX.[/quotemsg]

then why is it that many games like bfbc2 have dx 10 capable sound cards in recomennded ? and is there a sound card that uses 2 pci ports to give better sound quality? AND does the d1 use pci-x cos it dosent look like a pci tome or is it a pci2? and if it is a pci 2 then is it backward compatible with a pci1
and is the Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX i really dont care much about quality just dont want breaks in sound when playing about with the latest games and im only using a 2.1 speaker set-up as i dont have room for a 7.1
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:40:35 PM

vada said:
2 189281,5,338029]i really dont care much about quality just dont want breaks in sound when playing about with the latest games and im only using a 2.1 speaker set-up as i dont have room for a 7.1

If you don't care about sound quality, why bother upgrading your sound card? Just stick with your onboard audio.
m
l
October 21, 2010 7:41:51 PM

Quote:
then why is it that many games like bfbc2 have dx 10 capable sound cards in recomennded ?

They don't. They recommend DX10 VIDEO cards, but never sound cards. Pretty much every sound device in existence works in Vista/7, provided they have drivers.

Quote:

and is there a sound card that uses 2 pci ports to give better sound quality?

No, and using two PCI slots would do nothing to improve quality even if you could hook a device up that way.

Quote:

AND does the d1 use pci-x cos it dosent look like a pci tome or is it a pci2?

The Xonar D1 is PCI.
m
l
October 23, 2010 3:29:19 AM

yea well gamerk thanks for the clarification ive got the xonar d1 and its a good card i dont regret it my only confusion was why then does bfbc2 recommend dx 10capable sound cards i still dont get it i have the box and im reading it right now the minimum says dx capable cound cards and the recommended says dx10capable sound cards
m
l
October 25, 2010 12:18:47 AM

What kind of speakers do you have, you would prob see a bigger benefit in sound quality by upgrading them. Sound cards are meant for a very narrow portion of PC owners
m
l
October 25, 2010 12:14:42 PM

im running a creative 2.1 setup and have a realtek onboard that supports 7.1 but i just wanna know is my card dx 10 ready? and i thnk having a sound card will benefit me
m
l
!