Dual monitors on a Z68 motherboard with DVI+HDMI?

tedder

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Most of the Z68 chipset motherboards have an HDMI and a DVI. Can these run dual monitors? In other words, can I use the mobo to run dual monitors, or can they only display the same image?

I'm not looking for gaming, I'm looking for mostly plain 2D graphics, so I don't need the extra horsepower of a card.

Solution
When using the IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) and the Z68 (all of the “6” series boards) you can use up to 2 of the on board ports in an independent dual display configuration. Now understand if you install a dedicated video card it will disable the on board video support in anything except with the Lucidlogix Virtu software. So you will not be able to use the on board video plus a dedicated video card to allow you to get additional display support.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
When using the IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) and the Z68 (all of the “6” series boards) you can use up to 2 of the on board ports in an independent dual display configuration. Now understand if you install a dedicated video card it will disable the on board video support in anything except with the Lucidlogix Virtu software. So you will not be able to use the on board video plus a dedicated video card to allow you to get additional display support.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution

RonEvns

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

Could I use a NVIDia board just for CUDA and the integrated graphics for monitors?

Ron