Sign in with
Your question

Samsubg 830; Windows wont shut down

Last response: in Storage
November 6, 2012 11:13:53 PM

I just installed windows to my new 830 128gb SSD. I had windows update install 91 updates, installed avast(which wanted to reboot), installed nvidia drivers(which also wanted reboot), and audio card drivers(which wanted reboot). Now when I finally try to do my first restart. My PC goes to shut down then says stage 1 of 3. Then it went to the normal "Shutting down..." screen and never showed stage 2 or 3. The progress circle is still moving but it has been over 30min and the pc has not finished w/e it is doing. Did I screw something up with all the different updates at once?
November 6, 2012 11:58:44 PM

Possibly, Windows updates should only be installed by themselves, it might be writing video drivers to your system, which you've attempted to write/overwrite with the drivers (same for audio). I always install Windows, run all updates, then go back and install any drivers Windows didn't have native support for or ones that provide better functionality than the Windows drivers.
November 7, 2012 1:36:13 AM

I waited like 15min more then I held the power button down and booted back up. Everything worked out fine so all is well.
a c 257 G Storage
November 7, 2012 3:01:39 AM

Good to hear things worked out! Enjoy your new ssd. :) 
!