[help]SATA PM PORT 0 HITACHI HDD SATA 3 HDD MAY NOT BE..

gelmvy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
good day guys, what does this mean? 'SATA PM PORT 0 HITACHI HDS721010DLE630

SATA 3 HDD MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT HDD MANUFACTURER. PRESS <SPACE> TO CONTINUE' on every boot up of my PC..
here's the story

last week my HDD fails to boot up, it freezes on the motherboard logo (AsRock H61/U3S3). I tried to format it

using windows 7 DVD, and it says that it is going to fail soon, after several tries, I use the enclosure to access

my files and back it up, but it says that drive is not formatted..which seems my files are unrecoverable, so I

format it. After that I tried to fresh install windows 7 on it, but the bootabled device won't boot if the HDD is

plugged in to SATA II port. Tried the SATA III port and it boot up and everything works fine except for the

reminders of HDD is going to fail and this message every boot of windows 'SATA PM PORT 0 HITACHI HDS721010DLE630

SATA 3 HDD MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT HDD MANUFACTURER. PRESS <SPACE> TO CONTINUE'. My HDD is still beyond the warranty period, I guess to ignore those messages for now and use that HDD till I got the replacement.
thanks in advance..