Solved

Is Lian-Li PC-7FN compatible with Consair H50 cooler?

Hello,
I just received my Lian-Li PC-7FN case yesterday. I am wondering if anyone can tell me the Corsair can be fitted in this case.
Here is the list for my upcoming build:
Lian-Li PC-7FN case
Intel i7-950
Consair H50
Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
Crucial RAM 2GBx3
XFX Radeon 5770
Seagate 1TBx2 for Raid 0
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lian compatible consair cooler
  1. Yes, it will fit in your case fine. It replaces you 120MM back fan or use it along with the H50 for a push-pull setup.
  2. Thanks, tecm034. Do you have any other CPU coolers you would like to recommend? I might get another 5770 and two more harddrive in the future.

Thanks again,

thanwu

tecmo34 said:
    Yes, it will fit in your case fine. It replaces you 120MM back fan or use it along with the H50 for a push-pull setup.
  3. Best answer
    Actually, I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ & air cooling. I don't think the H50 is worth it compared to the "higher level" air coolers. The Hyper can pretty much match the cooling of the H50 at 1/2 the cost. You compare the H50 to the $70 air coolers and it loses.

To get the true benefit of water cooing, you need to buy components for it... Not a All-n-One setup. The cost is more around the $200's or higher. Performance of those setups are hard to bet in cooling.
  4. Thnaks, tecmo34.

I have read good reviews from the different sites about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus. I might buy it instead of the Consair H50. I have the Consair HX850 psu in mind. Do you think it is overkill for my system? I build this new computer for video editing and casual gaming.

tecmo34 said:
    Actually, I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ & air cooling. I don't think the H50 is worth it compared to the "higher level" air coolers. The Hyper can pretty much match the cooling of the H50 at 1/2 the cost. You compare the H50 to the $70 air coolers and it loses.

To get the true benefit of water cooing, you need to buy components for it... Not a All-n-One setup. The cost is more around the $200's or higher. Performance of those setups are hard to bet in cooling.
  5. Yes... You only need a max of 750W & will be fine at 650W with a Corsair unit. I say drop down the 750 model, unless there is little difference in cost (if pretty the same cost, just get the 850, as it won't hurt anything by doing so :) )
  6. You can also check the Lian Li site - http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=359&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=d

I have a Consair H50 and it's ok - do you know that water cooling should be replace every 6 months.

For PSU Corsair VX450 is enough.
  7. Thank you guys. I decided to buy the Consair 850HX because I am thinking to get another 5770 video card and two more hard drives for 1+0. I have received the psu. My Asus MB P6X58D-E, Heat sink fan 212 plus and Sapphire viper 5770 is on the way. I am going to buy two Seagate 1GB 7,200rpm drive for raid 0 first.

Thanks again,
  8. Best answer selected by thanwu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Compatibility Lian Li Components