Intel i3 compatible with MCP73 motherboard?

inerstrength

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Hello,
I am thinking about buying a intel i3 processor for my desktop. But I would like to know if it is compatible with my desktop before buying it. I have searched the internet and found that there is the problem of how it will fit in the motherboard PINs.
Also I do not want to touch my processor since I do not have any idea how to handle it. YET
1. I also came to find that that all intel processors can be replaced with newer processors with no problems at all which I would like to know if that were true.

2. I have an Acer Aspire M1641 with a Nvidia MCP73 motherboard if my sources are correct, with Windows 7 Home Premium. I would like to know if the i3 processor is compatible with this motherboard?

3. I have tried looking through the motherboard vs processor compatibility in the intel website but my motherboard was found to be not listed.

Additional Information
BIOS: American Megatrends INC. Version - R01-B0
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT
Graphic interface: PCI Express
-max. supported: x16
DDR2

Thanks!
:bounce:

inerstrength

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Thank you soo much!

I am getting mixed up with all of the names and is the core 2 duo the same with the intel pentium dual? Or does it not matter as long as they processor fits in a LGA 775

Also I know that the number of GHz depends on how fast the computer works, but does the # of core processors multiply that?

inerstrength

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Thanks again,
also you didn't answer my questio nearlier and I would like to have it in "writting" that it does not matter as long as the processor fits in a LGA 775, correct? being kinda paranoid, dont wana order the wrong part and have to waste about 2-3 weeks getting the right part ><