transbuilders

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Please :pt1cable: help and advise on the component need to be upgraded on my Pentium 4 .The Specs are:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz With Hyper-threading
Ram: 1.25GB DDR 1 (Only two ram slots)
GPU:Intel 82865g Onboard VGA (With no AGP Or PCI-E Slot. Only PCI Slot)
Sound Card: Sound Max Integrated Sound Card
HDD:320GB Seagate Barracuda IDE 7200.10 rpm

Please advise on which component that need to upgrade so I can play these latest games( I Already Have Them Installed) But Can't Play.

Windows Index Experience rate my base score 1.0 which is very bad for gaming(I heard)

Thank you all for your help and advise to come!!! :wahoo:

You need a new motherboard which can support a modern GPU which will require you to move to atleast DDR2 RAM and a new CPU. If you have about 400 to spend on the upgrade you can get a decent system out of it but the only parts you should keep are your optical drive, hard drive, and maybe your case.

Your setup is FAR too old to be salvageable for gaming; DDR1 RAM is far too slow for modern systems, and AGP GPU's, let alone PCI GPU's are obsolete.

So basically: New mobo, RAM, CPU, and probably case and PSU are needed. Time for a new platform.

+1 to new build

I suggest if you are flat broke to just buy a new board that does feature at least a agp slot while a few but very rare 478 boards do feature a pci-e slot but regardless you are going to get very poor performance. If you got the pockets its time to upgrade.

G

What games do you have installed...

A quick look at Ebay will find a AGP GPU that will play games (The lowest common denominator in the setup)

What PSU do you have (Take it generic 250w or poss 300w)

(still have a p4 system with agp 1950pro, can still game fairly decent, except modern multi core games)

I think you could get a bit of low res gaming done with a few bob spent, like $100 or so,but is it not better to take that money and spend it on a better modern system!

transbuilders

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

Hi,These The Games Setups:

1.James Cameron's Avatar- 3.5GB
2.Singularity- 6.64GB
3.Dark Sector- 5.63GB
4.Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands- 5.60GB
5.Batman Arkam Asylum- 3.215GB
6.Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box- 2.92GB
7.Resident Evil 4- 2.62GB
8.Warrior Orochi- 1.62GB
9.PES 2010-1.44GB
10.Wanted Weapons Of Fate- 3.65GB
11.Hitman Blood Money- 4.14GB
12.Fifa 2010- 3.62GB
13.Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- 4.1GB
14.Just Cause DVD RIP- 487MB (Install And It Is Full,Nothing Ripped)

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Buddy, sorry for the bad news, but you ain't gonna be able to play the above games on your current setup! The processor "MAY" be able to struggle through, but you GPU and RAM definitely need to be upgraded....which means upgrading the bobo as well! Oh, and don't forget, a new PSU to power the GPU. Your RAM will have to be minimum DDR2 (3 recommended). GPU, at least the nVidia 9800GT/ Radeon 5750

G

^+1 You are not going to play those games with any amount of upgrades with current processor.

Now if you had said some older games (Far cry, prey, call of juarez, fear 1st one, stalker, 1st one heck even oblivian..), then yes possibly, but modern games need a modern system.. sorry!