Did I burn my Gigabyte 4850?

MichaelLabib

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hi,

Last week I was OCing my Gigabyte 4850 and I was testing for stability for several hours, anyway after everything was fine I used winflash to set the new settings. restarted and the system was NOT STABLE AT ALL!!!!!!

I tried to reverse the steps, and finally when I set it back using Winflash the PC didn't boot. Did I burn the card? :eek:

violentlyhappy91

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
That isn't a good PSU for a Gigabyte 4850, I have one myself, and my 500W craps out if I play a game that pushes the card to 100% load.

Plugging the card into a different PC or using a different card in your PC will allow you to see what's happened. When OCing my 4850 (did it on my old 650W PSU before it died), I just used the Catalyst Control Center's ATI Overdrive tool, and to set it to default, I would just disable Overdrive again.

G

Flashing GPu can sometimes lead to problems, Soft mod for OC on GPu is preferable..
Try get Orig Bios and re-flash using second system..

G

The original Bios file for your 4850.. I take it you have flashed the bios with winflash after modifying it with your OC settings, thats what winflash is for!

Try gigabyte support site, plenty on there for correct bios for your card