Solved

No vga signal

i googled this topic but i haven't found the solution. i turned on my computer this morning and the screen froze so i turned it off. but when i tried to turn it on agan the screen showed "no vga signal" but the fan was running except that i didn't hear windows booting up succesfully. it tried to unplug the dvi and plug it again it booted up successfully and then froze again but this only happen once. i also tried to reset the cmos but didn't work either. anyway my graphic card is gts 250. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about signal
  1. try to connect using another dvi cable..
    and since you said that you didn't hear it boot up try the graphics card in some other pc...
  2. first check the onboard video... then check graphics card
  3. What is your PSU? brand? model?

Try booting with only 1 stick of RAM...
  4. @mjsharma do you mean the dvi cable is probably broken? unfortunately i only have one desktop pc

@lowriderflow i checked it with my onboard video, no signal too.

@wa1 my psu is acbel 420watt
  5. When you checking the onboard, make sure you unplug the GTS250, does it successfully booting?

What Acbell? specs? wattages on each rails?
  6. wa1 said:
    When you checking the onboard, make sure you unplug the GTS250, does it successfully booting?

What Acbell? specs? wattages on each rails?

here's the screenshot:

and no it doesn't boot with onboard video
  7. Your PSU is good.
    Have you tried booting without RAMs? Does it make beeps sound?
  8. wa1 said:
    Your PSU is good.
    Have you tried booting without RAMs? Does it make beeps sound?

I have, and it does make creepy beeping sound.
  9. Best answer
    It could be your PSU/mobo is going bad...
    Have a spare PSU? You can try it, if the same problem occur then i guess your mobo is broke/bad...
  10. wa1 said:
    It could be your PSU/mobo is going bad...
    Have a spare PSU? You can try it, if the same problem occur then i guess your mobo is broke/bad...

i don't have a spare psu...

yes it could be but I had my mobo replaced only about a year ago, and it was because the old one made my hd burn :o

i tried to boot with on board again today and it stuck on hdd check. after that no vga signal again
  11. Best answer selected by coolrocks86.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards VGA Graphics