Download packs of note? I've got UT2k4/ECE...

I have the UT2k4 Editor's Choice Edition, and am afraid of wasting all the
gobs of time needed to download those HUGE multi-packs of mods and maps
without knowing if the ECE already has it.

Are there any map/mod/etc. download packs that any of you recommend from
fasterfiles.com or wherever? I'm sick of hopping from server to server and
downloading at whatever bandwidth the server allocates at the time...

--
Whyowhydidn'tsunmakejavarequireanuppercaselettertostartclassnames....
6 answers Last reply

    Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

    > Are there any map/mod/etc. download packs that any of you recommend from
    > fasterfiles.com or wherever? I'm sick of hopping from server to server and
    > downloading at whatever bandwidth the server allocates at the time...

    There are a few that are widely recommended.

    First of all, there's the Community Bonus Pack 2, Volumes 1 and 2. (The
    Community Bonus Pack 1 was for UT2k3, but they should finish converting
    it for UT2k4 soon.)
    http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/

    Then, there's the 1on1-Pack.
    http://onevone.beyondunreal.com/

    And, in addition to those, this page lists some semi-official maps, by
    the folks who produced the official maps, along with a few other things
    of note.
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2004/ut2004essential.php

    Brian G. Vaughan coughed up:
    > Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
    >
    >> Are there any map/mod/etc. download packs that any of you recommend
    >> from fasterfiles.com or wherever? I'm sick of hopping from server
    >> to server and downloading at whatever bandwidth the server allocates
    >> at the time...
    >
    > There are a few that are widely recommended.

    And none of these come already with the ECE? That's where my confusion
    comes in.

    > First of all, there's the Community Bonus Pack 2, Volumes 1 and 2.
    > (The Community Bonus Pack 1 was for UT2k3, but they should finish
    > converting it for UT2k4 soon.)
    > http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/
    >
    > Then, there's the 1on1-Pack.
    > http://onevone.beyondunreal.com/
    >
    > And, in addition to those, this page lists some semi-official maps, by
    > the folks who produced the official maps, along with a few other
    > things of note.
    > http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2004/ut2004essential.php

    --
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

    Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

    > And none of these come already with the ECE? That's where my confusion
    > comes in.

    Hmm. You bought the ECE version of the game, rather than just
    downloading the ECE patch. I suppose it's possible that they stuck some
    "community" content on the CDs, but I doubt it. You could always look at
    the list of maps for CPB2, and check if any of them are in your maps
    folder. The other map packs probably list their contents online
    somewhere, as well.

    Brian G. Vaughan wrote:

    > First of all, there's the Community Bonus Pack 2, Volumes 1 and 2. (The
    > Community Bonus Pack 1 was for UT2k3, but they should finish converting
    > it for UT2k4 soon.)
    > http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/

    Addendum: CPB1 has been converted to UT2K4, and is now available for
    download.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Brian G. Vaughan coughed up:
    > Brian G. Vaughan wrote:
    >
    >> First of all, there's the Community Bonus Pack 2, Volumes 1 and 2.
    >> (The Community Bonus Pack 1 was for UT2k3, but they should finish
    >> converting it for UT2k4 soon.)
    >> http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/
    >
    > Addendum: CPB1 has been converted to UT2K4, and is now available for
    > download.

    Does there exist anywhere a list of what's precisely in that cbp?

    --
    Forgetthesong,I'dratherhavethefrontallobotomy...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
    > Brian G. Vaughan coughed up:
    >
    >>Brian G. Vaughan wrote:
    >>

    >>>First of all, there's the Community Bonus Pack 2, Volumes 1 and 2.
    >>>(The Community Bonus Pack 1 was for UT2k3, but they should finish
    >>>converting it for UT2k4 soon.)
    >>>http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/
    >>
    >>Addendum: CPB1 has been converted to UT2K4, and is now available for
    >>download.
    >

    > Does there exist anywhere a list of what's precisely in that cbp?

    http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/cbp1content.htm

    Note that, on site, they list the names of the maps as:
    [gametype abbreviation]-[name]

    but the actual filename is:
    [gametype abbreviation]-CPB[number]-[name].ut2

    For instance, the site lists:
    DM-Downgrave

    and the actual filename is:
    DM-CPB1-Downgrave.ut2