Closed Solved

"You just unplugged a device from the audio jack."

Hello,
I just downloaded new drivers for my Realtek Audio and now every 20 minutes or so I'm getting a message pop up saying "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack." and for about 2 seconds audio won't work, then it will work fine. This has only happened after I downloaded the new drivers.
I've checked the physical speaker connection and it's properly in there.
I don't know how to get the exact name for my sound card so if that's needed please tell me how.
I suspect that it might be because of some other out of date driver, if it is so I would be very grateful if you could give me links to where I could download drivers because besides this update and graphics cards updates I have no idea how to update any other drivers.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about unplugged device audio jack
  1. Best answer
    Hi. Why did you download new drivers? If your audio was OK before roll back the drivers in device manager
  2. mibix19 said:
    Hi. Why did you download new drivers? If your audio was OK before roll back the drivers in device manager

In anticipation for Skyrim I'm trying to get my computer 100% up to date.
  3. I use the old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' But I see what you are getting at. The only thing I keep up to date unless needed is Antivirus and malware protection
  4. mibix19 said:
    I use the old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' But I see what you are getting at. The only thing I keep up to date unless needed is Antivirus and malware protection

I did rollback, though I hope I don't have any sound problems with Skyrim. Thanks for your help :)
  5. Best answer selected by drunkturtle.
  6. Topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Audio Devices Windows 7