Sign in with
Your question
Closed

"You just unplugged a device from the audio jack."

Last response: in Windows 7
November 6, 2011 1:28:26 PM

Hello,
I just downloaded new drivers for my Realtek Audio and now every 20 minutes or so I'm getting a message pop up saying "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack." and for about 2 seconds audio won't work, then it will work fine. This has only happened after I downloaded the new drivers.
I've checked the physical speaker connection and it's properly in there.
I don't know how to get the exact name for my sound card so if that's needed please tell me how.
I suspect that it might be because of some other out of date driver, if it is so I would be very grateful if you could give me links to where I could download drivers because besides this update and graphics cards updates I have no idea how to update any other drivers.

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 6, 2011 2:02:50 PM

Hi. Why did you download new drivers? If your audio was OK before roll back the drivers in device manager
November 6, 2011 4:03:14 PM

mibix19 said:
Hi. Why did you download new drivers? If your audio was OK before roll back the drivers in device manager

In anticipation for Skyrim I'm trying to get my computer 100% up to date.
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 6, 2011 9:28:56 PM

I use the old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' But I see what you are getting at. The only thing I keep up to date unless needed is Antivirus and malware protection
Score
November 7, 2011 2:26:21 AM

mibix19 said:
I use the old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' But I see what you are getting at. The only thing I keep up to date unless needed is Antivirus and malware protection

I did rollback, though I hope I don't have any sound problems with Skyrim. Thanks for your help :) 
Score
November 7, 2011 2:26:31 AM

Best answer selected by drunkturtle.
Score
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2011 2:34:52 AM

Topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!