New graphics card:) no graphics:( Sapphire HD5850 1GB Toxic

G

Hi guys I am having trouble instaling my new graphics card, I am currently using a nvidia 9500 MX, I delete the drivers for that card then insert the ati card but there is never any display even if the ati drivers fromt he cd have been instaled - the cards fan goes to max and I do have it connected to the powersupply. The video display comes out of the motherboard (which never happns with the nvidia card), I have tried disableing the onboard graphics but this doesnt work either. Hopefully you can help as otherwise I will have to return the card to amazon. Many thanks Roy

:fou:

PS here is my full system spec

ITEMS:
======
*BASE_PRICE: [+382]
CAS: Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer 420W Case with Side Window [+18]
CASUPGRADE: NONE
CS_FAN: Maximum Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+10]
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD AthlonT X2 5600+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology ***Overclockable S&S***
CD: SONY DUAL FORMAT 20X DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: NONE
FREEBIE_VC: None
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
FA_HDD: None
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer [+5] (BLACK COLOR)
FLOPPY: NONE
HDD: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
HDD2: NONE
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: Logitech PS/2 Keyboard (Black)
MOUSE: Logitech Optical PS2 Mouse (Black)
MODEM: NONE
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M3A78-EMH/HDMI AMD 780G Chipset DDR2/800 SATA PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio ***Overclockable XXX*** [+9]
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory [+35] (G.SKILL Value Select or Major Brand)
MONITOR: NONE
MONITOR2: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows VistaT Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition [+9])
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+11]
POWERSUPPLY: 580 Watts Power Supplies [+50] (Hiper Type-M SLI/Crossfire Ready 580 Watt Power Supply)
RUSH: READY TO SHIP IN SAME DAY + FREE SHIPPING
SOUND: Creative Labs SB XFi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI-Express Sound Card [+37]
SPEAKERS: Logitech S120 2.0 Stereo Speaker Set [+5] (BLACK COLOR)
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
UPS: Belkin 4-Socket Surge Protector [+7]
VIDEO2: NONE
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express [+19]
WNC: NONE
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
_PRICE: (+597)
_view_: detail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010-7-6 [19:58]

G

nope nothing, although it doesnt say that the video cable is unconnected like it does when the video cable is not conncted to anyhting. When I plug the monitor cable into the motherboard it shows up as normal and goes to windows so it seems to be defaulting to that...

G

I've just realised i only plugged in one of the power connectors to the card (as the manual said but the manual was crap) whaereas on the box it says two... i'm not sure if my power supply has two but could this be the cause of the problem? I will try it tonight when i get back home

G

Yup, you need both pcix6 connectors plugged in, you are also on border of PSU draw with that Hyper PSU!!

TRENDING THREADS