Solved

PSU wont turn on?

Hey, quick question. I just got my antec 1200 delivered, its the one that comes with a 750w antec psu. Now, I wanted to see if all the fans lit up correctly so I plugged the psu into the wall and then plugged the fans into the psu, but when I flip the psu power switch it does not come on. I tried un-plugging all the fans and just have the psu connected to the wall an nothing else, but the psu still wont come on. Am I missing somehing? Does the psu need to be plugged into the mobo for it to work? I know when I watched 3dgameman's review of the case he had all the fans running with no mobo in it. Any help is appreciated.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wont turn
  1. Best answer
    It will not power up unless connected to a motherboard or with the green and black wire shorted (connected to each other) on the 24pin connector. Can be done with a paperclip. Just quickly to see if it comes on, do not leave it on that way.
  2. Yes the 24 pin connector has to be inserted into the board for the psu to power up
  3. Phew, thanks guys. I did not want to start my first build off with a dead psu. By the way, I must say that the 1200 is HEAVY. Big step up from my 25$ Logisys case! Good thing I dont do lan parties.
  4. The switch on the PSU wont turn it on--you need to plug it into a mobo and use the button on the front of the case.
  5. lol im slow... i got distracted in the middle of the post and 4 of you beat me!
  6. I just looked up the paperclip trick and tried it, and it works! And man, this is one sexy tower with all the blue fans.
  7. Resist the temptation to try stuff like this lol. Just build the rig in sequence . . . guess I've seen too many folks come back here with problems lol.
  8. Twoboxer said:
    Resist the temptation to try stuff like this lol. Just build the rig in sequence . . . guess I've seen too many folks come back here with problems lol.

I hear ya. Ive put it in a corner with a towel over it to prevent dust from getting in until I order my other parts.
  9. Best answer selected by fcdwn777.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Power Switch Components