Fans in the Antec 300 Illusion

So with everyone's help here I built my first computer, and I'm currently installing Windows on it. Only thing is the fans are a little loud... not too loud, but just wondering if this is normal. I haven't had a desktop in like 5 years so please bear with me lol.
9 answers Last reply
More about fans antec illusion
  1. The term "Loud" is somehow relative.
    I have built many system with Antec 300 but it is not "THAT loud".
    Tryposting more details to your system like :
    1.System components. PSU, proc, proc cooler, etc.
    2. Are you using the standard fans from Antec or have you replaced them with some others?
  2. How are the fans being controlled? If you have them wired directly to the PSU, they're going to run at 100% all the time. If you power them via the motherboard, you may be able to control the speeds they run at, which should result in a quieter system.
  3. Antec TriCools on low setting are not considered loud by any means.
    I can attest to that cuz i have 5 of them in my 902 case.
    I have a CM690II Basic with 3 CM R4's in it and i consider it louder.
  4. They're attached to the PSU.

And maybe I have them on the highest setting... I'll have to check that out when I get home.
  5. Unless they have individual knobs or whatever, since they're attached to the PSU, they're going to be running at 100%.

If you attach them to the motherboard or get a fan controller, you should be able to vary the speed to something that still cools well but also is less noisy.
  6. Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to plug the fans into the motherboard with these connectors and I can't figure it out... Sorry I'm an idiot.

I don't know what to call it but the connectors are the big circular 4 pin ones.
  7. ErniePotts said:
    Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to plug the fans into the motherboard with these connectors and I can't figure it out... Sorry I'm an idiot.

I don't know what to call it but the connectors are the big circular 4 pin ones.

I just built my PC yesterday (Antec 300) and couldn't figure this out either, so they're plugged into the PSU and are definitly running at 100%.
  8. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It isn't extremely loud or anything, but if I could get it a little quieter, I wouldn't mind.
  9. Molex connectors won't plug into the motherboard. Those are the big ones with 4 circular things.

You would need Molex to 3 or 4 pin converters.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Antec Computer Systems