Sign in with
Your question

WPA Router noet detected by XP

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 1, 2010 5:31:45 PM

A friend recently asked me to look at their computer because it was running very slow. I discovered that their copy of Windows XP was corrupted , so I did a clean install. Before I did this it would connect to my Linksys Router which is set to WPA, however now it wont connect. It is giving me an error message and wont accept the passphase because it can only see WEP. How can I get WIndows XP to detect myr routers WPA setting
Anonymous
July 1, 2010 6:32:58 PM

Have you installed the Service Packs from Microsoft -- notably SP1 & 2.

XP without SP2 will not support the required password lengths.

The alternative is to use (where available) the utilities supplied with the wireless adapter's driver pack from the manufacturer -- some of these support more advanced encryption options than XP does basically.
July 1, 2010 6:55:24 PM

does his receiver support WPA
Related resources
July 2, 2010 6:13:26 AM

k3y3n1n said:
does his receiver support WPA

Yes, because it was receiving before I reinstalled Windows XP , But I will double check. Thanks for your help!!!
July 2, 2010 6:17:15 AM

Quote:
Have you installed the Service Packs from Microsoft -- notably SP1 & 2.

XP without SP2 will not support the required password lengths.

The alternative is to use (where available) the utilities supplied with the wireless adapter's driver pack from the manufacturer -- some of these support more advanced encryption options than XP does basically.

No I have not!
So I will do that first thing tommorrow, Im sure that will solve the problem. Thanks so much for your help!!!
!