This fit fine?

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hey guys , wondering if the stuff like motherboard, PSU and graphics card will fit fine in this case without being too loose or anything?

Case : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148685

Motherboard : http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000345

PSU : http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/highpower-rock-solid-series-80-plus-atx-desktop-power-supply-unit-1000w-03731651-pdt.html

Graphics Card : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/202264

Be very grateful if you can tell me or not :)

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

the processor is already on the mobo (q9650)

All im doing is shifting the parts like motherboard from one case into a new one along with my new products like the graphics cad.. if im moving over would i need to put off my processor?

If that is the case, everything looks good.
You don't have to pull the proc out and install it back during moving to the new casing.
But perhaps you would need to remove the proc fan and install it again, but only if necessary (sometimes happens by big proc fans).

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you very much ^^ Don't feel like needing to worry now lol ;D and my heatsink is only a stock one..

D

Deleted member 217926

If I was you I would avoid that power supply like the plague. It is a no name brand and does not even list amps. That would be cheap in US dollars for a 1000w unit much less in pounds. High quality units are internationally known. For 1 x GTX480 look for a quality unit from Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling or Silverstone in the 600w range. If you plan on running another in Sli in the future look for an ~800w unit from the same manufacturers. Remember amps are more important than watts.

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
How many amps do i look for? and would i go for 850W or 950W if i may do a SLI product in the future? 950 sounds safish to me lol

Oh yeah...almost forgotten...
About your PSU... Can you find something better?
I usually choose Corsair, Seasonic, Tagan, PPC, Antec, Silverstone, or Enermax (Corsair most of the times)
Some brands even overrate their power ratings (other words : cheating), but wellknown brands tend to underrate their power rating.

Protection, average power ratings, mx power ratings, cleanness, components quality, etc. there many aspects which make a good PSU.
Important : If your PSU fails, it could take every other components with it to hell.

D

Deleted member 217926

That is an excellent power supply. If you are thinking 2 x GTX 480s in SLI and overclocking you might want to look at the Corsair 950TX though.

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
hmm not sure if i can manage that in my budget.. im already at the brimming point..don't think i'll be overclocking.. i couldn't get a new card till next year anyway cause my motherboard only has one lane..

D

Deleted member 217926

Look an 850 will PROBABLY be fine but if you are buying a rig powerful enough to handle an Sli GTX 480 setup like an overclocked i7 I would fork out the extra cash for the 950 to be sure. The power supply is not the place to cut costs.

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Ok thanks for rewording it like that ^^ Think i'll get the 950W then.. but to be honest i'll probably not be able to find the money to get another 480 by the time something bigger beats it in like a year or two.. my driving lessons will be next year so i'll only manage to get a new mobo and cpu next year.. unless i win a competition lol which is like very small chance..

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
The Corsair 850W TX Series PSU got excellent reviews by jonnyGURU. 850 watts is adequate for GTX480 in SLI, even after you account for 20% loss in capacity of the PSU for aging and an upgrade to a 125W CPU. Consider yourself future proofed. Want to double check? Power Supply Calculator

Now to answer your original question: Inside that monster case, your parts won't be loose, they will be lonely. There is so much room in there, they will be far far apart. Send your case to me, and I will send you mine. I have a Cooler Master Scout, and all my parts are quite cozy :D

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

Thank you, but what about the other people like anort saying 850W would be pushing my luck?

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Well guanyu.. you can teach me how to OC then :p lol but my current motherboard would not get anything out of it due to my mobo being PCI 1.0..

a1an

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Just decided to bite the bullet and pay the bit more for the 950W... Would have hit myself if 850W was just limiting future additions lol.. Well this should do me for 5 years which im happy about

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Gannyu, you are so silly. I agree with you on the OC - I love getting as much performance out of my machine that I can. I have an core i7-920 and have had it up to 4.3Ghz. I also have a 750W power supply that works just fine (single GPU).

I am telling you that 850W will only max out capacity when you buy another really high draw GPU, the biggest CPU possible, a performance motherboard, 4 sticks of RAM, and an extra hard drive. that will be years down the road for you, right? Who knows what the equipment will call for two genrations away? The trend right now is lower wattage, power saving components, so my bet is you will never reach the need for 850W, or in my cozy case, 750W.

I suggest taking your money and buying a heatsink instead. They are relatively cheap. Get a model that is compatible with sockets 775, 1156 and 1366 to make sure you can upgrade.

You can probalby overclock your machine right now in some fashion. Once you get that GTX480, your bottleneck will be your CPU, so juicing it up is probalby a good idea.

When you get your rebuild completed, post to the Overclocker's forum or PM me and I will help.