Do you FEEL the difference while oc your gpu??

Solution
Yes
I can identify other models that I KNOW would also return performance , in part because some models , like cpu's , are architecturally similar(may not be exactly the same :)), but factory clocked lower, to position them in the model line up on a price/performance basis.
examples
The GTX 470, and HD 5850
They both have big brothers clocked over a 100mhz faster.

Also , you can learn facts about the memory modules used in certain gpu series. ATI uses the same memory modules in its 58xx series. 1200mhz , and clocks the cards in the area of 1000-1100. In part for st abilities/maintain a tolerance margin. But o/c's take that margin up.

notty22

Distinguished
Yes
I can identify other models that I KNOW would also return performance , in part because some models , like cpu's , are architecturally similar(may not be exactly the same :)), but factory clocked lower, to position them in the model line up on a price/performance basis.
examples
The GTX 470, and HD 5850
They both have big brothers clocked over a 100mhz faster.

Also , you can learn facts about the memory modules used in certain gpu series. ATI uses the same memory modules in its 58xx series. 1200mhz , and clocks the cards in the area of 1000-1100. In part for st abilities/maintain a tolerance margin. But o/c's take that margin up.

Solution

hektor_dar

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010

for your info i wasn't trying to be offensive about the gpu overclockers...