railcannon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
System
CPU : 2500k
MAINBOARD : ASROCK P67 PRO3
RAM: SAMSUNG 4G*2
GRAPHIC : MSI 580
POWER : SUPERFLOWER 550W GOLDEN KING PLATINUM (Actuatlly 650W)

My computer goes crazy infinite reboot loop when I turn on the computer.

I CAN NOT see Debug LED because It reboots just before Debug LED lighting. reboot reboot

I can turn on the computer well by just waiting and holding reboot loop like feeding electricity to computer.

And then I exit the infinite reboot loop by switching on->off->on the power switch on PSU or repluging a power cord.

After these sequences, finally I can use my computer. This phenomenon does not happen by restarting

This problem happens again when I turn off computers for long time about 30 min or 1hour (just estimation)

like discharging electricity.

Except that this computer has no problem! Please help me OTL

Solution
I was having the same problem with the same board. I replaced the power supply and everything works like a charm now.

My build was all brand new with good quality, name brand parts that have good reviews. The power supply I replaced was a Corsair TX750 (which has great reviews). I replaced it with a Corsair HX750 last night and for the last 24 hours it has run smoothly. I left it on for 19 hours and rebooted it a couple of times. So far so good. No random reboots and no infinite boot loops.

Before I did this, I RMA'd the motherboard. When the new motherboard did the same thing, I thought it would be pretty unusual to get TWO boards with the same problem. I tried a lot of the standard things, like pulling the motherboard out of...
Welcome to Tom's Forums! :)

I'd start by reading this sticky {Boot Loops} 2/3 down -> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/275856-30-gigabyte-guide

My experience is corrupted CMOS, shorting, RAM, or other bad peripherals components e.g. RAM {try 1 stick}.

If the problems persists then Clear CMOS {jumper/button}, pull all of the Headers, Disconnect ALL USB including Keyboard & Mouse, unscrew the MOBO from standoffs and supported by a towel away from anything conductive, 1 stick of RAM w/failure swap-out other stick(s), and if needed pull the GPU and HDD/SSD. All in an effort to find the root cause; less is more in diagnostics. To start use a screwdriver to short the PWR+ and PWR-{ground} per headers.

If that still fails then you're down to: PSU, CPU or MOBO.

Good Luck - post back.

railcannon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
CMOS CLEAR does not work.

RAM SLOT CHANGING does not work.

The important thing is that if my computer boots well, there are absolutly no problems even full load testing by OCCT!

So I think there are NO RAM Errors, NO CPU Errors.

Also my computer passed window 7 ram test 47 times! at the hardest option.

If the short of MOBO causes infinite boot loop, then the problem should always happen include reboot.

But It doesn't!

It always happen when I turn on the computer turned off for a long time about 1hour.

I can say I've done everything that I can do except changing MOBO, PSU, etc.

Sorry about my poor English or some what.

I've ordered different MOBO today! I will post later.

PS. I've found some infinite boot loop cases that cause by TOO LOW CPU TEMP... It does make sense for my situation.

Waiting for CPU getting hot by holding infinite boot loop, and turn on! OTL

Yes any bad component can cause a 'loop' it too can be as simple as a bad CMOS battery.

This is why it's good to eliminate everything that can be a cause and breakdown the system to its' bare components. Further, if the 'temps' are the leading indicator then also a bad MOBO with a failing MOSFET or similar component(s) can do the same.

mc_mac

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
My system

Cpu: 2500k
Mainboard: AS Rock P67 PRO3 B3 Bios Vs:1.80
Ram: Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB
Gra: Gigabyte 560ti
Power: XFX Pro550W Core Edition (it´s a Seasonic)

I have the same problems with bootloops. It always happen when I turn on the computer turned off for a longer time. It only helps when i push the cmos clear switch or when i turn the power supply off and wait a minute and start again.

mc_mac

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Ok i have found my problem :lol: . I think it was my fault :non: (set Ram from Auto to 1600). I have reset my bios with the CLRCMOS switch. After that i have load the Bios defaults and i have only change my sata operating mode in the Bios.

mc_mac

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Ok it works 5 days good and the bootloops comes back :fou: .

But i think i have found the problem.

I have disable the flopy drive controller and the deep fx function in the bios and my computer starts normal :D (with ram in 1600 settings)

Thank´s for your help.

PsyberDave

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
I was having the same problem with the same board. I replaced the power supply and everything works like a charm now.

My build was all brand new with good quality, name brand parts that have good reviews. The power supply I replaced was a Corsair TX750 (which has great reviews). I replaced it with a Corsair HX750 last night and for the last 24 hours it has run smoothly. I left it on for 19 hours and rebooted it a couple of times. So far so good. No random reboots and no infinite boot loops.

Before I did this, I RMA'd the motherboard. When the new motherboard did the same thing, I thought it would be pretty unusual to get TWO boards with the same problem. I tried a lot of the standard things, like pulling the motherboard out of the case, running it with only one stick of RAM, swapping RAM sticks and running it with just the video card, and nothing else plugged into the board. Nothing worked. I would sometimes be able to boot to windows and use it for a while. Then it would just reboot out of the blue. At that point it would often go to POST and reboot before getting to Windows. A lot of time the reboot cycle was so short it wouldn't even get to POST. I have seen someone's YouTube video of their system behaving in exactly this manner.

Obviously, I recommend trying a new PSU in your system.

Solution

railcannon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011

Thanks for your detailed works! I will remember your hard works!

I hope your problem will be resolved soon. (Let's change MOBO or PSU!)

railcannon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011

Thanks for your opinion.

OMG You have had a rough time that is inconceivable. :(

I think you're right. Probably, there were some minor problems on PSU too.

Now I've changed my PSU to AX850 although my new MOBO(BIOSTAR) works very well with previous PSU.

Thanks for your help again! I will remember your hard works!

railcannon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011

Thanks for your opinions.

I've changed MOBO to BIOSTAR THAT have absolutly no problems with AHCI. :D