Critic my cheap SCII comp build

Hey, I'm trying to build a computer for the sole purpose of being able to play SC II at a decent graphics setting. Don't really wanna go over $600 I have a few parts.

Please critic this build:

CPU - I3-530 - $100
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - $50
RAM - 2x2gb Patriot DDR3 1333 - $90
CD - Undecided - $25
Motherboard - Undecided - $125
Win 7 - $130

PSU - 600W - Already Own
Video Card - Radeon HD4850 1 gig - Already Own
Case - ATX - Already Own

Total = $520
Tax = $592

Please let me know if there is any major bottlenecks or anything I should be aware of.
3 answers Last reply
More about critic cheap scii comp build
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. Any thoughts? Anything should be replaced?
  3. It looks fine, though me personally, I would actually go with AMD for the RANA x3 440 - $76 and an AMD board.
    This board is $110 after rebate and also allows Crossfire in case you ever need it
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128427&cm_re=gigabyte_790-_-13-128-427-_-Product

The i3 is a nice CPU, but in this day and age I prefer to stick with at least 3 cores on my CPU. The AMD has the added bonus that you can easily upgrade it in future if another game you like comes out which require more power.

I would also change the RAM to G SKill Ripjaws as they are faster and I like G Skill a lot, they will cost $105, but this is personal preference.

In terms of what you want it to do, your system will play SC2 fine
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product