  • Microsoft
  • Task Manager
  • Windows XP
May 20, 2005 8:48:03 AM

Hi

I have somehow disabled the task manager in Windows XP on my PC at home.
Does anybody have any ideas as to how to re-enable it? I have tried
re-installing Windows XP but the task manager remains disabled.

Thank you

More about : disabled windows task manager

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 10:51:59 PM

Paul, what method did you use to reinstall XP. Did you do a Repair
Install? Parallel Install? Clean Install?
You can check here but I'm doubtful about it helping
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Wind...

"paul_g78" <paul_g78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have somehow disabled the task manager in Windows XP on my PC at home.
> Does anybody have any ideas as to how to re-enable it? I have tried
> re-installing Windows XP but the task manager remains disabled.
>
> Thank you
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 9:43:25 PM

paul_g78 wrote:

> I have somehow disabled the task manager in Windows XP on my PC at home.
> Does anybody have any ideas as to how to re-enable it? I have tried
> re-installing Windows XP but the task manager remains disabled.
Hi,

Copy and paste the URL address lines into your IE address bar:

http://www.dougknox.com

In the menu, select Win XP Utilities, Disable/Enable Task Manager.

And then you also have MS-MVP Doug Knox's Emergency Msconfig, Regedit,
Task Manager utility:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
June 29, 2005 12:38:57 AM

I did not disable my task manager but it refuses to work, I know it is fine
as it runs in safe mode. I suspect that some viral activity is inhibiting
its ability yet all my scans (Norton) comeback negative. I have Wintask Pro
but it doesn't show anything strange besides the fact that my cpu is @ 100%
mostly due to winupdate and my Task manager works if I quit it. So is there
a virus masquerading as the update or is it just something broken in XP. I
am also unable to do anykind of system restore.

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
> paul_g78 wrote:
>
>> I have somehow disabled the task manager in Windows XP on my PC at home.
>> Does anybody have any ideas as to how to re-enable it? I have tried
>> re-installing Windows XP but the task manager remains disabled.
> Hi,
>
> Copy and paste the URL address lines into your IE address bar:
>
> http://www.dougknox.com
>
> In the menu, select Win XP Utilities, Disable/Enable Task Manager.
>

> And then you also have MS-MVP Doug Knox's Emergency Msconfig, Regedit,
> Task Manager utility:
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
March 7, 2011 6:11:05 PM

Simply just use Flobo System Repair. Press the “mighty” button Normal Repair in Automatic Repair utility and many virus effect, besides disabled task manager will be solved. Also, you could use registry editor, but it might be dangerous if you are not aware of using it.
March 9, 2011 4:28:15 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!