Sign in with
Your question

Processor

Last response: in CPUs
October 23, 2010 12:46:26 AM

Hi All,

Im experiencing some random reboots on my machine and was hoping you could give me a hand
I ran test on the HD, and Mem and both passed. I believe i have pinpointed the problem to my processor but am not 100% certain.

Here is some info:
CPU: C2D Wolfdale E8500 3.16GHZ - (Not OC'd)
Stepping: A
Voltage: 1.25 (stock)

I tested it first using Intel Burn Test v2.5
This fails after about 2 minutes states my cpu was unstable and to check my cooling and adjust overclock. I havent OC'd at all. And my temps never broke 52C (using speedfan) during the whole test. So im not sure where it gets that info.

Im now running Orthos and its been running fine for 3hrs now with my temps again not breaking 52c using speedfan.

Is the Intel tool reliable than Orthos tool? Is there a tool out there that is more reliable than the two?

Any info is much appreciated.

More about : processor

a b à CPUs
October 23, 2010 12:57:43 AM

It could be your PSU, what model is it?
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2010 2:39:23 PM

Just a FYI i found the issue. I had to increase my memory voltage by .15v. After doing that all tests pass fine.
m
l
October 31, 2010 1:49:24 AM

In all honesty..Pure luck lol.. I couldn't find a single thing wrong wth my CPU. I swapped it into another machine and it passed all tests. Same with my memory. So i just started upping voltage. Bumped my cpu a bit, still no go. Next came mem, and BAM all tests passed fine. I reduce my cpu back to stock and still no issues. How bizarre is that tho?
m
l
a c 83 à CPUs
October 31, 2010 5:50:07 AM

ocnewb said:
In all honesty..Pure luck lol.. I couldn't find a single thing wrong wth my CPU. I swapped it into another machine and it passed all tests. Same with my memory. So i just started upping voltage. Bumped my cpu a bit, still no go. Next came mem, and BAM all tests passed fine. I reduce my cpu back to stock and still no issues. How bizarre is that tho?

Motherboards don't always provide proper voltage, really not that bizarre if you've worked with enough computers.
m
l
!