Pentium M vs Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
December 1, 2004 8:59:39 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have pointers to a comparison between the Pentium M and the
Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M.

A comparison with AMD Sempron would be helpful as well, but the XP-M is
touted for its low power consumption, so I'm guessing that it I would prefer
it
to the Sempron.

Thanks,
Ed
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 2, 2004 12:10:36 AM

"Ed" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:41ae4f73$1@usenet01.boi.hp.com...
| Hi,
|
| Does anyone have pointers to a comparison between the Pentium M and the
| Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M.
|
| A comparison with AMD Sempron would be helpful as well, but the XP-M is
| touted for its low power consumption, so I'm guessing that it I would
prefer
| it
| to the Sempron.
|
| Thanks,
| Ed

The mobile sempron is only 25W and basically a A64 with less cache and the
extra 32-bit extensions castrated. They are all socket 754. It would be a
much better bet than the XP-M from a performance and power standpoint
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 2, 2004 3:02:46 AM

"Ed" <no@thanks.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have pointers to a comparison between the Pentium M and the
>Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M.
>
>A comparison with AMD Sempron would be helpful as well, but the XP-M is
>touted for its low power consumption, so I'm guessing that it I would prefer
>it
>to the Sempron.
>
>Thanks,
>Ed