Where to get Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristoffer

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004

I'm going to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China in early January and
want to get a new digital camera. My choice has fallen on the Canon
PowerShot SD300 / IXUS40 (have an old Ixus V2 that needs replacing
now).

Which of the above places is the best for shopping a Canon camera? Any
advice welcommed :)
Cheers

Mike

Splendid

"Kristoffer" <laksko@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104186028.558249.7640@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I'm going to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China in early January and
> want to get a new digital camera. My choice has fallen on the Canon
> PowerShot SD300 / IXUS40 (have an old Ixus V2 that needs replacing
> now).
>
> Which of the above places is the best for shopping a Canon camera? Any
> advice welcommed :)
> Cheers

It depends how low on the food chain you wish to go. All kinds
of "deals" are available in those areas/countries, especially in
Hong Kong, Thailand and Taiwan, but if you come across an
impossibly good deal, there's always a reason why.. The goods
are either smuggled (where proper taxes have not been paid) or
worse.

In light of the currently pathetic value of the U.S. dollar, if you're
not in the U.S., you'll be hard pressed to find a better real deal
than simply buying from an American discounter.

"Kristoffer" <laksko@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1104186028.558249.7640
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I'm going to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China in early January and
> want to get a new digital camera. My choice has fallen on the Canon
> PowerShot SD300 / IXUS40 (have an old Ixus V2 that needs replacing
> now).
>
> Which of the above places is the best for shopping a Canon camera? Any
> advice welcommed :)
> Cheers

If you are going to exotic places it is always best to buy
the camera at home and then take photos at the exotic places
IMHO. Using the time to try to get good prices is a waste of
time. At least if you shall buy such inexpensive thingies
as ixus40.

/Roland

Kristoffer wrote:
> I'm going to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China in early January and
> want to get a new digital camera. My choice has fallen on the Canon
> PowerShot SD300 / IXUS40 (have an old Ixus V2 that needs replacing
> now).
>
> Which of the above places is the best for shopping a Canon camera? Any
> advice welcommed :)
> Cheers

Your best place may be in the country you live in. You get it ahead of
time and learn to use it well before the trip and you have no problems with
warrantee or getting it back into the country. You can't count on a big
price advantage buying it over there, you may even find it more expensive at
times.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math