OK, I've made two posts pricing out a gaming system, but after still having hesitations about spending $1,200+ when I know I won't be using it that much, I'm seeking alternatives to let me play SC2 occasionally, and replacing my current system which is on the way out. My questions are below.
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:
Within a week, but can wait longer
As low as possible, preferably under $600
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
Starcraft 2 and hoping Diablo 3 will be able to run on it
PARTS NOT REQUIRED:
Keyboard, mouse, monitor
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:
Newegg, or any one vendor that is cheaper so all parts get shipped to me on the same day
Need help with the rest really, because I don't know "how low I can go" to get decent gaming performance. See additional comments below for my questions.
Doesn't look like it, due to budget
SLI OR CROSSFIRE:
1920x1080 capable monitor, but can game at lower resolutions.
1) What's the most cost effective (yet not garbage) GPU+CPU+Mobo combo that would run SC2 fairly well at Medium?
2) What's the most cost effective (yet not garbage) GPU+CPU+Mobo combo that would run SC2 fairly well at Ultra?
3) AMD for the chip most likely due to their budget performance, right? Which one can handle SC2?
4) And do I go with a GeForce or ATI GPU? And which one?
5) And will pretty much any mobo work or is there a well received budget option out there?
6) Along the same lines of the mobo, is there a solid budget PSU?
It was a real tough decision not to purchase a higher-end system. I was close to pulling the trigger, and I have the money, but it should be spent on better things considering the lack of time I will be devoting to gaming. Thanks for the help guys, you're always helpful.