Status
Not open for further replies.

ltdata_10

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Going to build a very quiet system
Wants to buy fractal design r3. Read that is a very sound absorbing case. Problem is that is sold out everywhere in my country. I wonder if u have suggestion on qiuet cases? max 150 usd

popatim

Titan
It would help if your provide which country you are in.

if you are in canada NCIX has them in stock. Newegg doesn't.

As for another recommendation, a friend has the antec sonata elite ( i had to call him and ask what it was LOL) and that thing is super quiet and not bad looking.

ltdata_10

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
I know that cases dont make noise. But u know what I mean. I guess some cases can absorb the sound better than others.
I already have quiet fans. cpu fan most important. Artic cooler 64, and corsair 550w psu. But my harddisk makes noise, and even if the fans are quiet its still to much sound for me. But I am going to upgrade my whole comp so disks and case will be replaced

ltdata_10

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
then I will consider bying it if I have to wait along time for fractal design r3. Anyone who has experience with fractal design r3? and how its performing compared to other "silent" cases?

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

Using a mini p180 here,

along with some relatively warm hardware, and this thing can be made almost whisper silent...

Most of the time the only way to tell whether my computer is on is by looking at the little LED :lol:

My reccomendation goes to the Antec P180 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.