LAPTOP SEAGATE 320GB INTERNAL DRIVE NOT DETECTED

Last response: in Storage
November 10, 2012 5:23:13 AM

Hello,
LAPTOP SEAGATE 320GB INTERNAL DRIVE NOT DETECTED - DELL N4010 i5
a b D Laptop
a c 127 G Storage
November 10, 2012 5:36:12 AM

if you can get to the hard drive check that is spinning and se in the bios. if the drive not showing up in the bios it may have died.also is there any clicking from the drive (head crash or berring whine??) thgere are disk like hirum boot cd that you can boot from and run hd tune and ws/seagate tools to see if the drive still health and if any data still on the drive.
m
l
November 17, 2012 2:46:09 AM

smorizio said:
if you can get to the hard drive check that is spinning and se in the bios. if the drive not showing up in the bios it may have died.also is there any clicking from the drive (head crash or berring whine??) thgere are disk like hirum boot cd that you can boot from and run hd tune and ws/seagate tools to see if the drive still health and if any data still on the drive.

I got HDD checked and i was told it has no data. I have replced with a new seagate HDD 500GB. Can anyone guide how to confirm if the hard disk data is not recoverable
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a c 127 G Storage
November 18, 2012 1:32:32 PM

you have to by a usb to isd/sata latop kit or a desktop kit that has laptop drive adaptor. then plug the drive into your desktop or laptop usb port and see if it found. if it is and needs to be formatted...dont you can try a few free or paid software recovery programs to try and recover your data. your looking at 20.00 or so for the usb cable kit and 40.00 for a paid recovery software.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file...
November 25, 2012 2:43:36 AM

Thanks smorzio. I tried a usb adapter for laptop hard disk and it was still not detected.
I think that the drive is dead.
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 127 G Storage
November 25, 2012 3:44:56 AM

give it a good burial...put it in a shoebox and play taps over it..
m
l
December 5, 2012 1:51:02 AM

Best answer selected by akjalewa.
m
l
!