Fan Speed Too Low After Updating Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Set my bios to default.. now its saying Fan Speed too low on literally first reboot

this something to worry about or do i just need to disable that warning in bios?

USB BLACK MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD
USB BLACK OPTICAL WHEEL MOUSE
500 GB SATA II 3.0 GB 16MB 7200RPM
1G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY x 4
BLACK SONY 1.44MB FLOPPY DRIVE
KILLER K1 HIGH SPEED NETWORK CARD
EVGA NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 512MB PCI-E
EVGA NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 512MB PCI-E
BLACK SAMSUNG 20X DVDRW
BLACK 16X DVD ROM
APEVIA X-JUPITER FULL G/BLK/WINDOW - 4 fans, fan controls on front, and led
ASUS 780SLI P5N-T DELUXE MB
NZXT 800 WATT POWER SUPPLY SLI
AC97 ONBOARD SOUND
INTEL QUAD CORE Q9550 RETAIL
THERMALTAKE V1 GAMING CPU FAN

popatim

Titan
whats generating the warning? Bios or monitoring software? If its the monitoring software as I suspect then go in and set the low speed warning to a lower value so that it is lower that the current fan speed. IE- if the value is 1500 and the fan is spinning at 800 then set the value to something like 500.

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

i was in bios and set it to default.. now when i boot up

i get the bios chirp and message saying

"fan speed too low or fan failing" somthing like that. i can either then continue or go into bios.

i am noticing that while all fans spinning good.. the thermaltake v1 isnt spinning at all

the rpm warning is at 600 so cant go much lower..

im guessing that

a. maybe warning when i bought comp was disabled whole time, and default now flaking out saying its messed up when its not

b. the v1 is where motherboard fan was and sensor can read it but it was disabled when i bought

c. the bios was disabled and my v1 hasnt been working right the whole time, but didnt know cause bios turned off

im a computer moron though. it doesnt appear my system is overheating though

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
alright.. called who i bought the unit from. Cyberpower PC.

They said that they dont recommend anyone ever updating bios and basically said they wouldnt help, and that the fan issue to call the manufacturer.. even when i told them the fan never spun..

im sure now it never did because i never heard any noise..

i pulled the fan out of the plug for the CPU fan and plugged it back in, nothing..

i moved up the speed on the fan control.. nothing

I tried changing the bios to performance and enabling the fan controls.. nothing

i do notice that the hardware monitor on my board says that one fan is running at 4000 rpms.. isnt that high? which fan would that be if the CPU/V1 fan isnt running?

whats next step?

should i be concerned because my CPU temps even at full load never reach 50 degrees and my vid card readings never reach over 63 degrees?

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
oook..
found the answer. the Thermaltake V1 fan apparantly has a known issue of shifting on occasion. The shift causes the fan to get stuck on one of the clamps on the V1's peacock heatsinks. You can either bend the clamp out so it passes again or send it back in to Thermaltake

Status
Not open for further replies.