Laptop Monitor crashes while gaming.

Basskay

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Hi, this is my first post here and I've seen many similar posts, but no real answers that helped me.

I'm running a Toshiba Qosmio X305 gaming laptop and have had an issue with my monitor randomly crashing. It usually happens during gaming, but can also happen while listening to music, or watching videos. What basically happens is I'll play a game for a couple minutes (depending on the game), then suddenly the monitor image goes away (backlight still on) and the sound loops. I tried updating all my drivers but it didn't help. I think it might be a faulty GPU but I'm not sure. I took it to Best Buy to get looked at, but they just removed some viruses I had and charged me $130, problem completely unresolved.
All parts on the computer are stock. I've run graphics overclocking tests with no crashing at all. Also, I don't get any error messages when it crashes other than the occasional "Windows has recovered from a serious error" upon reboot, with no attached error information.
PLEASE HELP ME!
Regards,
Kevin

lowriderflow

Distinguished
You got it man... I had one of those. I had that link saved and thought it could help you out... for some reason I never had that issue tho? I played tons of games and never suffered that... so i dont know if there were updated versions or what? I didnt buy mine when they first came out... I got it a bit later.

lowriderflow

Distinguished
O buy the way... I'd say NEVER buy a toshiba again. Not too long ago I ordered a x505... it came with the wrong power cable and wouldnt turn on. They made me send the WHOLE thing back, about 2 weeks later I got a new one back.. this time it had a blotch of dead pixels on a BRAND NEW computer! sent it back and told them to keep it and pi$$ off. I will never buy toshiba anything after that!

Basskay

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

Oh, trust me, after I'm done dealing with this piece of garbage, Toshiba is dead to me.

TRENDING THREADS