Cannot boot after system restore (Windows XP home with SP2)

May 21, 2005 9:41:02 PM

I did a system restore, the system shutdown before the restore was complete.
I ended with non bootable PC. Using Recovery console, or putting the disk
as a slave in another PC, I was able to restore the registry files to
system32\config.
Now it goes further, and get stuck after loading
WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys.

It is stuck in the same place on both safe mode and normal boot.

Obviously some other files got corrupted and should be copied from the
restore area. Can someone direct me which other files could have been
damaged during an incomplete system restore and how to get them?
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 2:34:37 AM

"JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I did a system restore, the system shutdown before the restore was complete.
>I ended with non bootable PC. Using Recovery console, or putting the disk
>as a slave in another PC, I was able to restore the registry files to
>system32\config.
>Now it goes further, and get stuck after loading
>WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys.

See "How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233