Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I changed the 60Gb SSD to a 120Gb SSD using Windows 7 system image. Everything w

Last response: in Storage
November 10, 2012 11:44:00 AM

I changed the 60Gb SSD to a 120Gb SSD using Windows 7 system image. Everything worked great, but when I reinstalled the 60Gb to reformat the SSD I was getting a system error as it was seeing both SSD\'s with the OS. I removed the 60Gb and was able to get the system to boot normally after using the repair disk. I would like to use the 60Gb SSD for file storage. How do I go about reformatting the 60Gb to remove the OS without getting the previously stated system error. Thanks in advance for any help given.
a b $ Windows 7
a c 351 G Storage
November 10, 2012 1:11:15 PM

Sure you did but have to ask, Did you set the Bios to boot to the new SSD?
You could always download a Boot disk with a program to reformat the drive, Ultimate Boot disk (UBCD), it has a number of useful programs.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Then you could use one of the sata to Usb cables (10->15 bucks) attach old drive to one end and plug into usb port and use windows to Reformat. May want to delete any and all partitions on the 60 gig drive. (ie probably has that tiny 100 mb system partition on it).
November 10, 2012 1:23:00 PM

Thanks for the tip Chief Master Sergeant, I will give that a try.
Related resources
November 12, 2012 2:55:58 PM

Chief Master Sergeant, I did as you stated in your reply and everything went smoothly. I really appreciate your input. Have a great day Chief Master Sergeant.

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
a c 351 G Storage
November 13, 2012 2:55:58 PM

Take care and ENJOY
November 23, 2012 3:29:48 AM

Best answer selected by hgcasmith.
!