2 monitor
2 keyboard
2 mouse
3 internal harddrive
4gb ram
internal sound and vga
Windows 7 pro
.....)

I have only one computer and sometimes my spouse and I want to use this computer at the same time.
It there an easy way to use this computer together, but wish to have different environment at the same time.

For example,
> my spouse watches Youtube and I am doing photoshop on our seperate screen, using seperate mouse
> my spouse watches a movie from netflix and I write email on outlook

Is this possible ?

I think you can set up a second virtual machine and do what you want.

The extra keyboards and mice will all work, but you will normally get in each other's way.

Watching a movie may work out since no input action is required once you get the movie started.

I don't think so.
If you plug in two mice, you still get just one cursor that either mouse can control. I can see a divorce coming if both try to move the same cursor to their own app at the same time.

You can certainly have two windows/apps active, one on each monitor. The problem is that there can be only one cursor per OS.

If you had two mice connected, either could move the cursor which would be a real contention issue between the two users.
The same would be true of a second keyboard.

In the interests of domestic tranquility, consider getting your spouse their own PC.

Sachinmhj

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Yes it is possible for what you want......get BeTwin software and install it in your computer.
Then you can see the magic, it works just like you guys are using two different computer.
Thankyou.